CX-70 Assembly Plant

The CX-60 and CX-90 are assembled at the Hofu plant in Japan. In this Mazda interview, it is mentioned that production capacity at this plant will be reached with the CX-90. So for the CX-70 and CX-80, Mazda will need to start up production at another plant. That would explain the gap in introducing these models.

The CX-60 and CX-90 are assembled at the Hofu plant in Japan. In this Mazda interview, it is mentioned that production capacity at this plant will be reached with the CX-90. So for the CX-70 and CX-80, Mazda will need to start up production at another plant. That would explain the gap in introducing these models.

As I understand it, all platform models will be built at HOFU. Hence, they will be expanding the HOFU plant to accommodate increased production. That was the original intent anyway. These vehicles have closer tolerances than anything Mazda has attempted before.

Mazda has 2 plants in Hiroshima. One is an engine and transmission facility and the other and assembly facility. The Hofu plant is an assembly facility.

Hofu makes other things than just the "large platform" vehicles, but no other plant makes those vehicles. Mazda 3s are all made at Hofu as well as some CX-5s. Everything else including MX-5 and CX-5,8,9,30 are made in Hiroshima.

It looks like the Ujina plant will also soon be assembling Large-Platform vehicles. This is likely where the CX-70 and CX-80 will be assembled.

Mazda 3s are all made at Hofu as well as some CX-5s. Everything else including MX-5 and CX-5,8,9,30 are made in Hiroshima.
I believe many new Mazda3s for US are made in Mexico.
My '14 Mazda3 was made in Japan.

Last edited:
Back