CX-60 Tow Bar Availability?

I waited almost two months for mine (in Sweden).
Got it only a week ago.

My dealer stated that almost all CX-60 were ordered with tow-bar.
This contraption is not a big thing in Japan, they apparently underestimated European market is different.

Oh, and BTW it is an Oris H5D retractable tow ball (ACPS brand).

BWJ, straight from your link, so it is very likely :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2022-12-08 19-42-04.png
    Screenshot at 2022-12-08 19-42-04.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot at 2022-12-08 19-46-23.png
    Screenshot at 2022-12-08 19-46-23.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: BWJ
I was about to order it when I learned, from the same link, that the thing weighs 44kg... Are all tow bars this heavy? Is there a chance there will be an aftermarket one with half the weight?

I was about to order it when I learned, from the same link, that the thing weighs 44kg... Are all tow bars this heavy? Is there a chance there will be an aftermarket one with half the weight?

I think that’s reasonable to be honest. I wouldn’t consider aftermarket as the wiring is intricately connected to the car.

I think that’s reasonable to be honest. I wouldn’t consider aftermarket as the wiring is intricately connected to the car.
I guess for the towing capacity required maybe it's reasonable, but all I would need it for is mounting a bicycle rack, and e.g. for CX-5 there are several aftermarket tow bars with 22-25kg total weight, and with the right wiring adapter for CX-5. So I I'll just wait. Dragging the equivalent of 2 heavy suitcases in the trunk all year round just to take the bicycles to the countryside in summer a couple of times makes no sense to me :)

I guess for the towing capacity required maybe it's reasonable, but all I would need it for is mounting a bicycle rack, and e.g. for CX-5 there are several aftermarket tow bars with 22-25kg total weight, and with the right wiring adapter for CX-5. So I I'll just wait. Dragging the equivalent of 2 heavy suitcases in the trunk all year round just to take the bicycles to the countryside in summer a couple of times makes no sense to me :)

Ive just bought one for my brothers Ford Focus, it weighed 23kg, genuine OEM part.

44kg seems brutally excessive.

Ive just bought one for my brothers Ford Focus, it weighed 23kg, genuine OEM part.

44kg seems brutally excessive.

Tend to agree if all you want to do is mount a bike carrier.

If you’re towing 2,500 kg you probably need something solid.

@Gajdzin where did you find the info on the 44kg mass?

News Flash: the German manufacturer MVG has released a complete towbar kit for CX-60, which is much cheaper and almost twice lighter than Mazda's: Link

Has anyone got any news on towbar fitting?

My stealer says they are still not available from Mazda.
I had a Mazda towbar fitted to my cx60 shortly after delivery in September 2022. It works very well and when not in use tucks away under the rear bumper. It's very easy to release (push button in the boot) and the 13 pin socket is integrated into the towbar and is very easy to connect to my caravan electrics. Very expensive though.

I had a Mazda towbar fitted to my cx60 shortly after delivery in September 2022. It works very well and when not in use tucks away under the rear bumper. It's very easy to release (push button in the boot) and the 13 pin socket is integrated into the towbar and is very easy to connect to my caravan electrics. Very expensive though.
I forgot to mention - the other big benefit is that when you connect the electrics, it enables you to select "Towing mode", and this seems to work extremely well with the electric and petrol engines working together.

I forgot to mention - the other big benefit is that when you connect the electrics, it enables you to select "Towing mode", and this seems to work extremely well with the electric and petrol engines working together.

Agreed. Towing Mode works very well. I got an average of 24mpg which, compared to my old Shogun of 17/18mpg I'm very happy with. That's pulling a 1,700kg twin axle 8m long beast of a caravan.

Back