CX-60 and CX-80 for Europe (CX-70 and CX-90 for the US)

Look at the door handle relative to the edge of the door. The camo handle is further from the edge of the door. Also, the body crease has more of a swoop on the cropped photo.
I think the different angle makes it hard to interpret, but I still think they are the same. Here is a larger photo. D-pillar looks exactly the same.
E1778F3F-C813-4FD9-938E-02E5CC7F205F.jpeg

I too believe its the same car. Mazda does not have any plans to introduce any new FWD SUV's, other than the CX50, therefore by the looks of the camouflaged ones, the positioning of the brake calipers and the comparison pictures above, this is the CX50.

I have a video I hope sheds information that everyone doesn’t have, it’s off the Mazda app

Do we have any reason to believe CX-70 will be a 3 row? I am looking for more compact version of CX-9

Do we have any reason to believe CX-70 will be a 3 row? I am looking for more compact version of CX-9
No, the CX-70 will be 2 row and the CX-90 will be 3 row; it's all described in the link in the second post in this thread ;-)

No, the CX-70 will be 2 row and the CX-90 will be 3 row; it's all described in the link in the second post in this thread ;-)
Do we know if CX-90 will be a bit more compact than CX-9? We leased a '21 Sorento and at 188" long it is the right size (emergency) 3-row for us. Saddly, it is has no real competition and I would not purchase a Kia.

Do we know if CX-90 will be a bit more compact than CX-9? We leased a '21 Sorento and at 188" long it is the right size (emergency) 3-row for us. Saddly, it is has no real competition and I would not purchase a Kia.

I was talking with my dealer who said the CX-90 would be bigger and have similar room to a Telluride. He said Mazda USA took what people have asked for to heart and have modified the vehicles accordingly. In the case of the CX-90 they want bigger with more towing.

My once and only experience with KIA was a 2014 soul redline with the 2.0 NU 4 cylinder engine. At just a tick over 16,000 miles one of the engine’s connecting rods exited through the side of the block. A call to corporate over my extreme dissatisfaction and I was not pleased with the answer ( in my state up to 16k makes it a lemon with such an issue, just over 16k I felt like they should have bought the car back). It was repaired under warranty. With a major engineering issue with the bottom end of that particular Hyundai engine, it would likely happen over and over. It appears as if Hyundai is facing a law suit over the engine although the soul is not listed oddly enough. No thank you on the Korean autos, I’ll stick to my few Japanese brands and American that still serves me well.

My once and only experience with KIA was a 2014 soul redline with the 2.0 NU 4 cylinder engine. At just a tick over 16,000 miles one of the engine’s connecting rods exited through the side of the block. A call to corporate over my extreme dissatisfaction and I was not pleased with the answer ( in my state up to 16k makes it a lemon with such an issue, just over 16k I felt like they should have bought the car back). It was repaired under warranty. With a major engineering issue with the bottom end of that particular Hyundai engine, it would likely happen over and over. It appears as if Hyundai is facing a law suit over the engine although the soul is not listed oddly enough. No thank you on the Korean autos, I’ll stick to my few Japanese brands and American that still serves me well.
We leased the Sorento with non Turbo engine and non DCT transmission with anticipation to return it at the end of the lease. The Turbos and DCT have problems.

It is a nice car so far. It is just the perfect size for us with usable 3rd row. CX-9 external dimensions are too much for us (takes more space in the garage).

I would take any Japanese car over Korean but there isn't any 188-190" lenght /75-76" width with 3 rows. Such a miss.
Bigger isn't always better.

Back