CX-5 USB errors.

I didn't see any note of it from anyone else so wanted to post that our CX-5 sport 6MT is able to play music from either of our non-Apple phones (HTC mytouch4g, HTC sensation). If you have a problem playing music from your phones via USB, be sure to connect the USB first, then be sure that you have the phone recognize the USB as disk drive (not just power), then power on the radio again.

This is not absolute. I use a Sony Walkman MP3 player connected via USB all the time in my CX-5 with Bose. My ONLY issue is that my folder list is not always in the correct order.

Plugged in HP 16GB USB stick formatted with FAT32. No sound, no output at all.
Copied some of my MP3s to old 2GB FAT32 drive and it worked fine.

Does the system have a USB stick capacity limit? Don't think so as I've seen some users plugging in 32GB sticks.

there is a supposed file limit, only can have up to 2000 files on the drives, maybe you had too many?

USB input works FLAWLESSLY with my iPod. I have one of the older HDD based iPods hooked up to USB with 6371 MP3s, and I also have my iPhones synced for Bluetooth audio with Pandora, Soundcloud, etc. Nothing is non-functional with this setup. I can seek, skip forward and BACKWARD through the tracks, pause (even things being streamed over the internet from my phone will pause from the head unit and physically pause on the phone.) I am very impressed at the integration between Mazda and Apple. I had the same setup in my 2011 Audi and it doesn't work nearly as well as in the Mazda.

I have a 32 fb patriot axle. Its dirt cheap on sale and the cover snappy off making it a really tiny stick.

I just bought the Patriot Axle 32GB stick... it works flawlessly and fast too.... there is NO 2000 limit... I have over 4000 songs all of which load up just fine.

Jana

I plugged in my Iphone4 with the Apple cable to the USB jack and the screen just says error. there are over 2000 songs but other people aren't having an issue with this... any ideas?

I just bought the Patriot Axle 32GB stick... it works flawlessly and fast too.... there is NO 2000 limit... I have over 4000 songs all of which load up just fine.

Jana

How long does it take before you can play anything after starting up?

Wilco

Jana

Got same USB stick. It displays usb error. I went well below 2000files/200folders "limit?". It plays fine off 16GB Adata USB flash drive.

Is it possible to update firmware on this thing?

I have a 32 fb patriot axle. Its dirt cheap on sale and the cover snappy off making it a really tiny stick.
Thanks for the tip, just ordered one this morning. I like how it is so small so it will not get in the way of things.

Have HTC Evo3D and USB works well.

One complaint...files in folder are in a terrible order. I suppose I could figure out how to rearrange on the phone but still annoying.

I have a Sandisk 8g cruzer and no matter how many songs I load on it, my radio only recognizes 255. I've erased and reloaded several times using iTunes. All songs are mp3.

Any thoughts?

I have a Sandisk 8g cruzer and no matter how many songs I load on it, my radio only recognizes 255. I've erased and reloaded several times using iTunes. All songs are mp3.

Any thoughts?

try just copypastaing the files over manually, dont use itunes, reformat the stick first

Why do some of you blokes make things so complicated? I transferred all of the music that I wanted onto a neat little Transcend 16GB flash drive. I popped it into the USB socket, selected USB on the audio screen and then drove happily into the sunset enjoying my favourite music, and still am. I achieved the required result in the simplest way. Why try making a sows ear out of a silk purse?

Any thoughts?

Odd, I use a SanDisk too with 600 songs. Works OK so far. I don't use iTunes or anything though, I just manually copy the songs over. I have them organized into folders though, so there aren't many songs in any one folder.

I don't use iTunes and can't see any reason to. I only copy music from the CD's that I've bought primarily for my home collection because it's music that I want to keep indefinitely. But I also like to have some of it on my MP3 player for when I'm travelling abroad and in the car for when I'm driving solo.

I've got a Duracell 32GB USB stick, it's been working fine with the CX5 (although a bit slow to initially read it). I have all my files in artist folders so no folder has more than probably 50 tracks in it. Only about 7GB in total on it.

Anyway, it WAS working fine until yesterday, at that point my bluetooth totally failed and USB connectivity failed. Took it to the Mazda dealer this morning who advised that theyd done a factory reset on the car and everything was now working aside from my USB drive, IPOD works through the USB port but my flash drive doesnt. I assumed that the USB file had corrupted when the car spat its dummy and temporarily killed my bluetooth etc but I've tested the drive at home and it works fine on my PC. I;ve reformatted it and tried it again but I just get a "USB Error" message on the screen.

Weird one or what???

Back