Guide CX-5 Universal Oil Catch Can Installation

Looks like 95% water, which to my point means the catch can didn't catch much oil, which is ostensibly, the reason you go to the effort of installing one in the first place.

Looks like 95% water, which to my point means the catch can didn't catch much oil, which is ostensibly, the reason you go to the effort of installing one in the first place.
True. It could be due to the routing. I know CS routes the occ differently and not directly from the pcv to intake. So perhaps there's a lot of condensation in that certain area. Either way I still think removing this liquid which otherwise will become gunk is a positive thing.

Or, because it is water vapor, it's entirely innocuous, or even beneficial to be reintroduced to the intake for combustion. The oil vapor and droplets, of which the catch can (any catch can) clearly doesn't capture to any material significance, sails through to collect on the back of valves. I'd like to have designed a product that essentially fails to perform its prime mission, yet people praise and defend.

Or, because it is water vapor, it's entirely innocuous, or even beneficial to be reintroduced to the intake for combustion. The oil vapor and droplets, of which the catch can (any catch can) clearly doesn't capture to any material significance, sails through to collect on the back of valves. I'd like to have designed a product that essentially fails to perform its prime mission, yet people praise and defend.
Like a Himalayan salt lamp? : )

Back