CX-5 Turbo is the best AWD SUV for the money

Hopefully with the next refresh or overhaul they'll offer top trim with something better looking than dark brown on black interior. That is a potential deal breaker for me, to pay extra for uglier interior.

Hopefully with the next refresh or overhaul they'll offer top trim with something better looking than dark brown on black interior. That is a potential deal breaker for me, to pay extra for uglier interior.
I agree. I could have spent more to get the 100th anniversary Signature edition pearl white paint with red interior but it was too much money for the little driving I do, like 50% more than I paid for my more basic trim. A light color leather would be nice like gray or beige or Terra Cotta like on the CX-50.

I agree. I could have spent more to get the 100th anniversary Signature edition pearl white paint with red interior but it was too much money for the little driving I do, like 50% more than I paid for my more basic trim. A light color leather would be nice like gray or beige or Terra Cotta like on the CX-50.
i have to say the beige leather lends a nice luxurious touch to the interior. brightens things up some too.

One of the things lacking in the states. I wish the white had the red leather / lighter headliner option on the CX5. I think you can get it on the 3 :unsure:
As a kid, black interior was where it was at but now, its just a very dark place and I feel like white on red would have been an awesome option to brighten the space up.

I'm going into my local dealer today to order a 2024 CX-5 Sport Design Turbo. Fully blacked out and really hope I do not regret my decision with the purchase. Dealer agreed to give me $25.5k with tax savings for my current vehicle that is fully paid off.

Like many others have mentioned I just couldn't bring myself to buy a Signature with that horrible brown interior. I can do without NAPA leather and the extra cameras that the signature has over the Sport Design Turbo.

I'm going into my local dealer today to order a 2024 CX-5 Sport Design Turbo. Fully blacked out and really hope I do not regret my decision with the purchase. Dealer agreed to give me $25.5k with tax savings for my current vehicle that is fully paid off.

Like many others have mentioned I just couldn't bring myself to buy a Signature with that horrible brown interior. I can do without NAPA leather and the extra cameras that the signature has over the Sport Design Turbo.
25.5k with tax savings? You are paying 25,500 for a 24 CX-5 Turbo?

One of the things lacking in the states. I wish the white had the red leather / lighter headliner option on the CX5. I think you can get it on the 3 :unsure:
As a kid, black interior was where it was at but now, its just a very dark place and I feel like white on red would have been an awesome option to brighten the space up.
i haven't studied all the trims lately, but IIRC the carbon edition is the closest we get/got to an actual sporty looking trim. i might be one of the only ones who doesn't think too much of the recent sport trims (mazda sport trim is just base here in the states, not an actual sporty trim - wonder if that's copied off of toyota's sport trim - donning flameproof suit), though i can see the appeal. some of them have grown on me at least to an extent, like certain of the subaru sport trims (forester, impreza), certain aspects of the honda sport trims (new cr-v; most other models tend to have too few features for my liking), and the newer Toyota SE and XSE trims on certain models.

25.5k is my trade in value. I am paying 27k out the door for a 24 CX-5 turbo.
man, i wish my '17 GT were worth that much😭. got the car w/ about 95k miles for ~20k USD about a year ago, but values i've pulled up for the car recently (w/ ~115k miles) are not even close. thankfully, the car is nice to drive and still reliable.

is sport design just the base model turbo? is that in the states? comparable to a preferred/touring feature wise but with the turbo? sorry, way too lazy/tired to look it up😅.

is sport design just the base model turbo? is that in the states? comparable to a preferred/touring feature wise but with the turbo? sorry, way too lazy/tired to look it up😅.
The "Sport Design" is the Canadian equivalent to the US “2.5 Turbo Premium”.

It is basically the Carbon Turbo, with a “Black” style package.

The exterior side mirrors are finished in black, instead of the body color. The wheel fender trim is finished in the shiny piano black, rather than the standard matte finish. Black wheels standard.

It has some nice led interior lighting, leather wrapped shifter and steering wheel with red stitching. Heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, Traffic Jam Assist.

Why Mazda decided to have different trim levels and whatnot between the US and Canada still confuses me lol. Basically in Canada the Sport Design is a blacked out version of the Signature.

Only thing it doesn't come with that the Signature does have is the front/rear park sensors, 360 camera, and frameless rearview mirror. All things I could easily live without.

Why Mazda decided to have different trim levels and whatnot between the US and Canada still confuses me lol. Basically in Canada the Sport Design is a blacked out version of the Signature.

Only thing it doesn't come with that the Signature does have is the front/rear park sensors, 360 camera, and frameless rearview mirror. All things I could easily live without.
The Sig is a different model with the things you mentioned along with upgraded leather and interior trim over all the other models. I agree, what you get isn't worth the price, but some like the monochromatic look of the fender flares. I would like the parking sensors, or 360 camera, not sure why they are exclusive to the Signature.

So you actually paid 27k plus 25.5k trade in = 52,500 total - that makes a lot more sense....

The Sig is a different model with the things you mentioned along with upgraded leather and interior trim over all the other models. I agree, what you get isn't worth the price, but some like the monochromatic look of the fender flares. I would like the parking sensors, or 360 camera, not sure why they are exclusive to the Signature.

So you actually paid 27k plus 25.5k trade in = 52,500 total - that makes a lot more sense....
Honestly if they had an option for black NAPA leather interiors in the Signature instead of only Cocoa I probably would have just bought a Signature lol.

At least the park sensors can be added after the fact. However I know how to drive/park perfectly fine without needing something to beep at me telling me I am close so I would say I can live without having them lol.

And yea it's unfortunate what has happened with the car market and prices. 52k For a SUV is mind blowing but nothing we can do about it.

I bought a new CX 5 GT Premium in 2021, which has everything except Turbo. White w/Parchment interior. I felt the car had plenty of power. Love it.

Last edited:

He actually paid $49,394 for the vehicle.

Vehicle $49,394
Less trade -$25,500
equals $23,894
Plus 13% tax $3,106
equals $27,000 – which is the amount he said he gave the dealership

Back