CX-5 turbo detuned during break in?

I'll just poke my head in here as the one CX-9 owner who put his car on the clock.

I used the TorquePro app and an OBD2 bluetooth dongle to measure both runs. I assume it's accurate/consistent enough for these purposes, but I really don't have enough experience using these apps to know for sure. Also, keep in mind that those were single runs. Meaning one run above 20F and one run below 20F. IMO, that one run isn't enough for me to come to the conclusion that the car is detuned below 20F, but it's enough to make me want to test it further. If I could have done multiple runs, I would have. As it stands, since that day, the roads haven't cleared up enough to do any more test runs.

All this talk about 1-sec vs 3-sec got me thinking. Assuming Mazda detunes the 2.5T in temps below 20F - the CX-9 loses 1 second (making the 0-60 run in about 9 seconds), while the lighter CX-5 loses about 3 seconds (also making the 0-60 run in about 9 seconds). If the 2.5T Mazda6 clocks a 0-60 of approx. 9 seconds in temps below 20F, I would draw the conclusion that Mazda thinks 9 seconds is the magical number for whatever the reasoning is behind the detuning. Just one more puzzle piece to add to the mix.

Can anyone with a Mazda6 GT Reserve or Signature do a 0-60 mph test and post their findings?

Wait you got the 0-60 portion of the TorquePro app to work? Can't get mine to turn on.

Yep, seems to work just fine. Didn't really have to turn anything "on", I just edited the vehicle profile to include as much information as I could, then added the display manually as a "digital display".

Back