CX-5 Sales figures for US & Canada

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 12.20.26 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 12.20.33 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 12.20.38 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 12.20.45 PM.jpg

And that does not include December 2021. Given the extreme shortfall in supply, those numbers are pretty good. The CX-9 is on track to have its 2nd best year ever. The top was 2011 is 34K sold. They should come in around 32K this year. Again, not bad for them.

Last edited:
Because most people, when it is new car time spend 5 minutes deciding between a silver Honda or a grey Toyota.

Three years ago I spent less than 5 minutes test driving a Toyota Rav4. The dealer/auto mall lot was huge and after I had driven about 300 yards I told the salesperson " I don't want to put miles on this new car or waste your time" and drove back to the dealership. True story.

For me the drive of the Rav4 felt like a truck, bulky without agility. Also, the suspension and seating was too soft.

Three years ago I spent less than 5 minutes test driving a Toyota Rav4. The dealer/auto mall lot was huge and after I had driven about 300 yards I told the salesperson " I don't want to put miles on this new car or waste your time" and drove back to the dealership. True story.
Ha ha. I remember more than a few test drives like that. If you get in the car and it doesn't feel right from the very beginning, then no matter how long you test drive it, it will never feel better. Might as well just stop the test right there and move on. Go with your gut.
I actually drove the CX-5 and the 6 back to back when shopping around in 2017. I knew right away that the 6 was the right choice for me. Although an SUV has it's advantages space wise, it just didn't feel as good as the 6. Although I've had complaints about the paint quality and the premature rusting rotors, it is still a pleasure to drive today. I made the right choice.

Ha ha. I remember more than a few test drives like that. If you get in the car and it doesn't feel right from the very beginning, then no matter how long you test drive it, it will never feel better. Might as well just stop the test right there and move on. Go with your gut.
I actually drove the CX-5 and the 6 back to back when shopping around in 2017. I knew right away that the 6 was the right choice for me. Although an SUV has it's advantages space wise, it just didn't feel as good as the 6. Although I've had complaints about the paint quality and the premature rusting rotors, it is still a pleasure to drive today. I made the right choice.

The Mazda 6 is a sensational car !

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mazda 6 is a sensational car !
I have to admit, the driving dynamics are hard to beat. After 50+ years of driving, this car ranks near the top of all the cars I've owned and/or driven.
One example, my son has a 2017 BMW X1, and it can't come close to the 6 in terms of driving dynamics. I actually don't like anything about it.
The only other car I can think of that came close to the 6 in terms of the fun-to-drive factor was my 1973 Toyota Celica GT. I loved that car.

I do not understand why USA CX-5 sales are a third of Toyota Rav 4 and half of Honda CR-V.
I test drove both those models and liked the looks and drive of the Mazda much better, not even close.
The CX-5 is not the best, it's just the best for us. Perhaps people want more cargo space, where a CX-5 is near the bottom in that class. Driving Dynamics and interior quality is where Mazda shines, but it is hardly the best in every category. It would be like me saying that my Vizio P-Series Quantum TV is better than anything else that cost more money in a similar class. Seldom is there one "best"

Back