CX-5 Rocky Mountain Adventures (off-road) [LONG]

The snow tires went on yesterday and I've switched adventures. So next year I'll take the CX5 back and get some better video. I'm starting to think it would be really cool to get someone to pilot a drone with a camera alongside me and then edit a youtube video. What I've shown you guys gives you just a taste of how fun this vehicle can be, but unless you're here, you miss a lot :(

I wonder if anyone out there makes a steel or aluminum splash shield for CX-5? Custom fabrication is always an option.... oil pan punctures off-road always gives me pause.

The CX-5 has a strong steel oil pan. It would be nearly impossible to actually puncture it at the slow speeds those kind of trails require. Deform, yes, puncture, unlikely with a mediocre amount of driver skill.

It's mostly driver skill, not equipment, that allows safe travel along such mountain roads. It would not be safe or wise for many drivers to traverse such roads even in a jeep specifically modified for such duty. On the other hand, a skilled driver could do it in relative safety using a much less capable vehicle.

Back