CX-5 (KF) Ultra Racing full package install

Out of curiosity I recently got the following for my CX-5 (KF):

Mazda CX-5 – Rear Anti-Roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer BarUR-AR21-550

Mazda CX-5 / CX-8 / CX-9 – Front Lower Bar / Front Member Brace UR-LA4-2134

Mazda CX-5 / CX-8 / CX-9 – Rear Lower Bar / Rear Member Brace UR-RL2-2136

Mazda CX-5 / 8 – Front Strut Bar / Front Tower Bar / Front Upper Brace UR-TW2-3953

While I know a thing or two about changing my oil and maybe swapping out my air intake I am not enough of a mechanic to receive the parts and hardware and just go at it! My supplier did not give assembly instructions, has anyone installed any of these parts? Any recommendations and thoughts on them?

Thank you!

Looks to be straight bolt-in affairs. Loosen nuts, fit part, tighten nuts.

You'll probably want to have your alignment checked afterwards.

Everything should be easy bolt on except the sway bar.

Honestly, I doubt they'll do much except for the sway bar. The front lower bar might interfere with the under tray cover. Just my opinion of course but please do provide feedback after you break them in.

Mazda CX-5 – Rear Anti-Roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer BarUR-AR21-550

Mazda CX-5 / 8 – Front Strut Bar / Front Tower Bar / Front Upper Brace UR-TW2-3953

While I know a thing or two about changing my oil and maybe swapping out my air intake I am not enough of a mechanic to receive the parts and hardware and just go at it! My supplier did not give assembly instructions, has anyone installed any of these parts? Any recommendations and thoughts on them?

Thank you!
@Inkedfool94 What year is your CX-5 and who did you get the rear bar from?

Thank you!
You're gonna want (but not need) an impact wrench, even the $99 from Amazon will work (koyo or something).

The rear sway bar will be the most work to install because you will need to lower the rear subframe. It not difficult, it's only 4 17mm bolts (along with unhooking the end links). If you car is AWD you can just jack the car up on jackstands, then place the jack under the differential, pop the bolts, and then lower the jack a bit to have working room to get the bracket off holding the RSB. If you have access to a DIY place, it's a lot easier on a lift.

I have a hardrace rear camber arm (not currently using), but I sourced my chassis bars from ULTRA Racing.. strut tower, lower arm, and two bars which connect the fore aft ends of the rear subframe together. I haven't been doing mods lately, but my next bar is the going to be the one that spans the drives shaft tunnel near the factory plate..

Consider getting wider wheels (8.5 at least, 18 or 20") and or at least tires otherwise your suspension will easily outdrive the rear wheels.

So I'm not thrilled with how hard the car pushes in turns. It's better than my FWD CX-5 was, but the CX-50 I test drove took the corners a lot better than even the latest AWD CX-5.

Is a stiffer rear anti-roll bar a good way to reduce understeer? I'll see how the car feels with the Corksport springs and new tires before doing any other suspension mods, but this has me interested.

Last edited:
Tires make the biggest difference without modding the suspension. The stock Toyo is just not capable enough. UHP or proper/good summer tiresZ

Back