2017~2024 CX-5 Interior Cleaning and Protectant Products

New owner of 2021 CX-5 CE. Been doing research on interior cleaning and protectant products. Is everyone ok with Meguiar's G10916 Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for the leather seats, 303 All Surface Interior Cleaner, and 303 Protectant for everything else?

I just bought a spray bottle of the Meguiars interior cleaner. Just used it yesterday, did a nice job on the dash, door area and center console. Blends in easily and doesn't leave a shine. Just cleans and protects.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried the Meguiars leather treatment as I still have some Zaino product to use up but I'm sure it is good.
For all the plastic trim plus all the weatherstripping around the doors, etc I am a big fan of 303 Aerospace protectant and have used it for years on several cars.
I buy those cheap cellulose kitchen sponges (without the scrubbing pad !) and cut them in half to use as applicators. They also work good for applying tire dressing.
Apply the 303, let it soak in for a few minutes and buff the excess with a MF towel for a nice satin finish.
I don't really see the need for a store bought cleaning product unless you have kids or a dog that really trash the interior. Usually just some mild dishwashing detergent and a damp MF towel will clean the interior prior to applying leather dressing or 303 Aerospace.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried the Meguiars leather treatment as I still have some Zaino product to use up but I'm sure it is good.
For all the plastic trim plus all the weatherstripping around the doors, etc I am a big fan of 303 Aerospace protectant and have used it for years on several cars.
I buy those cheap cellulose kitchen sponges (without the scrubbing pad !) and cut them in half to use as applicators. They also work good for applying tire dressing.
Apply the 303, let it soak in for a few minutes and buff the excess with a MF towel for a nice satin finish.
I don't really see the need for a store bought cleaning product unless you have kids or a dog that really trash the interior. Usually just some mild dishwashing detergent and a damp MF towel will clean the interior prior to applying leather dressing or 303 Aerospace.
Awesome, thank you!

Upvote 0
Pretty much all modern leather comes with a top coat, so I honestly wouldn't bother adding a conditioner on top until the car is a few years old and that top coat has begun to wear away. If the seats aren't terribly dirty, then a regular wipe down with a damp towel should be enough to keep them clean.

If they're a bit dirtier then I will often use some mild APC - normally something like Megs D101 (diluted 10:1), which I spray on a MF towel. A good wipe down like this gets 90% of the seats I come across looking like new again. For those that are in a bit rougher shape, I'll either use Lexol leather cleaner on the entire seat, or spot treat if it's only a couple areas. I'll normally spritz the area with distilled water before using the cleaner, and then lightly scrub it with either a Colourlock or horsehair brush.

I'll normally use diluted CarPro Perl for most of my interior surfaces, though have used 303 in the past and was happy with that as well.

Upvote 0
Go to any car brand forum, and there may be be some specific preferences, but generally the 303 is accepted as the standard go-to product

Upvote 0
Back