CX-5 GT or 2013 Escape SEL?

Will be ordering the Cx5 in Metropolitan Grey today!

Congratulations JF, excellent choice!

The Escapes must be selling like hotcakes because I am seeing them everywhere. Must admit that one selling point for me for the CX-5 over the Rav4--which is a fine vehicle and the one I thought I thought I'd be getting until the CX-5 came along--was that you won't be seeing CX-5s on every block and several in every parking lot. Looks like the Escape is heading for that kind of ubiquity.

The Escapes must be selling like hotcakes because I am seeing them everywhere. Must admit that one selling point for me for the CX-5 over the Rav4--which is a fine vehicle and the one I thought I thought I'd be getting until the CX-5 came along--was that you won't be seeing CX-5s on every block and several in every parking lot. Looks like the Escape is heading for that kind of ubiquity.

Escapes outsell the CX-5 about 4 to 1, same with CRV. So yes we drive a relatively rare SUV, both because it's new on the market and not the top sales volume compact SUV's like Escape, CRV and Rav4.

Escapes outsell the CX-5 about 4 to 1, same with CRV. So yes we drive a relatively rare SUV, both because it's new on the market and not the top sales volume compact SUV's like Escape, CRV and Rav4.

I have been following this forum as a visitor during my CUV search and it helped me get the real world information rather than the slick websites/commercials/dealers and influenced websites.

I bought my CX-5 a couple weeks ago and am happy. I registered today to reply on this thread because I was intrigued on how would people talk about Mazda in the escape forum. Much to my delight I noticed that people there are usually complaining while here no matter what people are pretty loyal and happy to own a Mazda.

I was afraid of the buyers remorse but all this makes me happy. :)
Not that Escape is a bad car but the Mazda community seem to be happier than Escape...

I love my Mazda CX-5!!!

Last edited:
Welcome asrm and congrats on your new CX-5. Enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back