CX-5 Diesel Turbo is VERY likely!

Yes, pretty impressive accomplishment by Mazda with CX-5 diesel in Japan. I think take rate for CX-5 diesel is closer to 80% (it was actually 80% in 2012), but that's amazing in a country where diesel sales were very low previously. Not sure if they purposely set the purchase price premium for success or not.

Thx for the Dec 2013 thought...Checking the news doesn't seem to be helpful. Am thinking about the new Ford diesel when it comes out instead. Thinking it will be sooner. Any thoughts on comparisons?

So are there any updates on North America getting the Diesel? I'm trying to decide whether I should hold out or just buy now. I'm in no rush but I don't want to wait for something that isn't going to come.

No news.
So far it seems it will not happen, but Mazda is keeping it close to the vest.
The reason I say so, is because there were news of minor 2015 tweaks non of which were a new engine.

Thanks, I've just read about entertainment system and interior upgrades. Figured I would double check to see. The 2.5L Skyactiv-G sounds like a decent motor but I'm looking to haul a camper and if the Skyactiv-D is a year away I can wait...more than that and I'll regret waiting. I'd also like more options/features available with the manual transmission state-side but I don't think that'll happen either.

I have a "source" that tells me Mazda should start pushing the Skyactiv-D in the CX5 Feb 2014. Personally, I hope it's true!

The aftermarket chips for the cx-5 diesel will transform it into a tire shredding monster. I can't wait to give mazda my honda pilot.

I have a "source" that tells me Mazda should start pushing the Skyactiv-D in the CX5 Feb 2014. Personally, I hope it's true!

Here hoping too!!! My lease is up next June, and I decided to give my current car lease to the other half, we got a Truck coming Oct, I'm hoping they bring the diesel over to Canada, I drove one in Australian 5 weeks ago with my Dad while visiting home, and its a peppy little engine!! Oh we were shopping for a new car for my dad, and my love of the cx5 made my dad mind up after we drove the competition, and the, the cx5" the diesel is awesome!!!

Back