CX-5 Aftermarket Headlight Mod with AFS?

redderhead

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT
Hi All,

I recently jumped into a 2013 CX-5 (love it so far) but one of my minor appearance qualms is the headlights. I came from a car that could be easily modified and had put aftermarket headlights in that completely changed the attitude of the car and I'd like to do the same to my CX-5, but I have AFS.

Has anyone ever put in aftermarket headlights that still work with AFS? If so, what did you get?

Thanks!

PS - My apolgies if this isn't in the right placement for this question, I'm still learning the ropes of forums.

Since you have AFS, I assume you have the tech pack with HID bi-xenons which perform flawlessly right out of the box. What more do you want with "aftermarket" headlights?

Hi All,

I recently jumped into a 2013 CX-5 (love it so far) but one of my minor appearance qualms is the headlights. I came from a car that could be easily modified and had put aftermarket headlights in that completely changed the attitude of the car and I'd like to do the same to my CX-5, but I have AFS.

Has anyone ever put in aftermarket headlights that still work with AFS? If so, what did you get?

Thanks!

PS - My apolgies if this isn't in the right placement for this question, I'm still learning the ropes of forums.

Personally, I'd be cool with just blacking the inside of my housing, and removing that orange reflector.

I've only seen one aftermarket headlight for he cx-5 and it's more for non HID. It's pretty much projector with a eyebrow on it. here
It looks pretty flamboyant with that brow IMO.
HTB11yxlLpXXXXX_XFXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

edit seems there is a 2016 style option now, with HIDS with no orange reflector. I haven't looked at the AFS much myself to see how it interfaces (i.e is it an addon to the same housing used for the halogen or not). But I wouldn't wanna spend 600 on those lights and not be able to keep the afs

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car..._7&btsid=9562a007-722a-4032-b375-5a98ad80ea98
HTB1Zz.WKFXXXXXAXVXXq6xXFXXX8.jpg

I've noticed LED rear lights have gone down as low as $250 shipped now. Not bad. looks like there are two headlight options, but literally like 15+ taillights/schemes lol. Wouldn't mind trying these out vs the rears I have now I think they would match better... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fet...id=b5ef9d97-11b5-4de1-8bf5-31c5b2d14955&tpp=1 but I don't have that $ to dump on a car part right now.

Last edited:
Since you have AFS, I assume you have the tech pack with HID bi-xenons which perform flawlessly right out of the box. What more do you want with "aftermarket" headlights?

I hate all the silver. My Mazda is white, and all the silver just makes it feel like it's washed out and I'd love to make it pop a bit more. I also really don't want to crack open the housing, but I might wind up doing that.

Personally, I'd be cool with just blacking the inside of my housing, and removing that orange reflector.

edit seems there is a 2016 style option now, with HIDS with no orange reflector. I haven't looked at the AFS much myself to see how it interfaces (i.e is it an addon to the same housing used for the halogen or not). But I wouldn't wanna spend 600 on those lights and not be able to keep the afs

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car..._7&btsid=9562a007-722a-4032-b375-5a98ad80ea98
HTB1Zz.WKFXXXXXAXVXXq6xXFXXX8.jpg

Nice find, I like these. But 650 is a bit much to spend as a a first one to buy and run. I would gamble to buy this if they lowered to 250-300 range.

Digging deep with this very old post but…. If anyone has had luck replacing faulty AFS headlights, let me know!!!

Back