CX-5 2014 4WD System inspection required...Solid light

Started my car after work, outside temperature was like 7°F, I put it on drive and a solid light came on saying "4WD System Inspection Required". Roads are salty, we're on the cold snow weather season, since the warning message light is SOLID, not blinking or anything I'm hoping and thinking this is a cable/connection related issue, maybe:cry:? There's no weird noises, the car feels normal to me :rolleyes: (usually I turn the TCS off), but sure the 4WD might not be working after this...

Also I used thehttps://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) and got the P1887 code saying "Status: MIL/CONFIRMED . 4-Wheel Drive Control Solenoid Circuit Failure : Circuit Open"
I have a couple of months left to do inspection and would like to fix this before the due date, but would also like to find the issue my self before bringing it to the mechanic, don't want to get ripped lol

It most likely is as it states.

The 4 wheel drive solenoid most likely needs replaced just like your scan took says.

Your vehicle probably is only working in 2 wheel drive.

Just let the mechanic fix it.

I've never had a problem finding a mechanic that was trustworthy.

Ask relatives, neighbors, friends and coworkers who to use and then feel the mechanic out on your first visit.

If trust my
Local mechanic before
AAMCO and
trust AAMCO before
Dealership

Do you know if they'll fail me at the emission inspection for a light like that? Any clues?
That depends on each state. My 2000 BMW 528i has a tail-light failure warning light on (but the tail lights are all fine) all the time in dash. But the annual inspection station says he doesn’t care as it isn’t part of emission or safety related malfunction.

That depends on each state. My 2000 BMW 528i has a tail-light failure warning light on (but the tail lights are all fine) all the time in dash. But the annual inspection station says he doesn’t care as it isn’t part of emission or safety related malfunction.
Interesting! Thanks for the answer!.

Back