CX-5 16 vs. 17 Side Profile Black

Which side profile do you prefer? 17 or 16?

• Total voters
:
Mazda CX-5 Akera
Which side profile do you prefer? 16 or 17?

CX5%20side%20black.jpg

Photo credit:- instagram user:ryuzonkun

Looking at it I think the 17 looks sleeker, refined more upscale (perhaps the paint?) but the rear end side profile of the 16 looks better imo perhaps due to the spoiler from the top edge and just looks smoother. I give the 17 the edge but still happy with my 16 :)

Looking at it I think the 17 looks sleeker, refined more upscale (perhaps the paint?) but the rear end side profile of the 16 looks better imo perhaps due to the spoiler from the top edge and just looks smoother. I give the 17 the edge but still happy with my 16 :)

The 17 does look more refined and upscale, however, to me, the 16 looks sleeker,sportier, and more Zoom Zoomish

With that configuration, the chrome strip under the window doesn't really jive with the attitude you're trying to convey. Blackout that strip, tint the lights on the 17 like on the 16 so you've got apples to apples and I think you'd have a closer battle. Both look good to me though.

Both look great, but the stance of the 17 evokes more of an athletic, rear wheel drive stance.

Edit: 17 looks German designed and 16 looks Japanese designed. My first reaction

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Probably my bias showing (I own a '16 Touring FWD), but the 16 has more "swerve". The body molding lines are more swooping; the 17's are straight. The biggest difference to me is the spoiler; I like the 16 better. Differences are not too apparent to me, though; I have to look for awhile to spot them.

I like the front end of the '17 better but prefer the hind end of the 1st gen.

I don't dislike the 17, but from that angle I like the 16 better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's a toss up to me from the side, it's the front of the 17 I can't stand

I like both front ends but prefer the 17.

Side view, definitely the 17

Which side profile do you prefer? 16 or 17?

CX5%20side%20black.jpg

Photo credit:- instagram user:ryuzonkun

I've already said this, but the original CX5 looks worlds better. The new CX5, they took all of the aggression in the body and everywhere else, and threw it into the grill alone, which belongs on an EVO 11 or RX9 or something 2-3 years from now that is actually aggressive in purpose and nature.

Oh, and all the people bagging on the new CR-V's chrome trim...ROFL! Want some more crow to gnaw on?

I've already said this, but the original CX5 looks worlds better. The new CX5, they took all of the aggression in the body and everywhere else, and threw it into the grill alone, which belongs on an EVO 11 or RX9 or something 2-3 years from now that is actually aggressive in purpose and nature.

Oh, and all the people bagging on the new CR-V's chrome trim...ROFL! Want some more crow to gnaw on?
Lol "world's better". Can you feed me some more hyperbole?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back