CUSCO Front strut bar

Wha'Happened

:
04 WRX, 03 RSX Type-S
Does anyone have a CUSCO Strut bar? I remember reading here while back that they make them for our car, I just havent heard of anyone with it, or seen any pics on an MSP. If anyone has any info about this please reply!! I think this would look awesome in our engine bay and would be an improvement over stock.

I second the question. Also anyone have the lower tie bar or the subframe (I think that cusco makes one for us?).

yeah it was the pics on corksport that got me interested. I wanted to know how much the help stiffin things up. Plz post a review when you get them impact.

for the front strut tower bar you will probably not notice anything over stock due to that it takes ALOT of force to compress steel, but cosmetically it would be cooler. I want to get all the protsport (looks the same as cusco) stuff from spicymsp even tho it probably won't stiffen up my car THAT much but it would look pretty schweet.

Here is my CUSCO bar --- I spoke to them at SEMA and they said the lower bar wont work on the US spec versions.

motorfront.jpg

motorside.jpg

Pe@ce

cusco is a fairly reputable company tho I'm not sure they would make something that doesn't work. maybe its cosmetic but I doubt it. and the lower tie bar wont work? I wonder why... that sucks

it's all about strength and movement, if it's strong and won't move, it'll work. but it probably won't work any better than a stock one unless you go over a cliff and land on the side of the car.

DZnutz said:
the cusco bar is useless. any bar that has pivot points is useless
Glad I'm not the only one who has wondered about that. The reasoning behind the pivots has always baffled me. I don't care if there are bolts you can tighten, I'd rather have one solid piece of steel. Maybe I'm crazy too.

Wha'Happened said:
Does anyone have a CUSCO Strut bar? I remember reading here while back that they make them for our car, I just havent heard of anyone with it, or seen any pics on an MSP. If anyone has any info about this please reply!! I think this would look awesome in our engine bay and would be an improvement over stock.
Here's mine, I noticed a small improvment in handeling but not really that much, I got it more for the look, I didn't like the stock one at all.

Attachments

• DSCF0068.JPG
    DSCF0068.JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 247
The Cusco bar comes in their color Blue. If you have cruise control you will have to keep the passenger side black plate that currently holds up the stock bar. You can get this bar from corksport.com or for faster service go to japanparts.com, they will get it to you ASAP. The bar itself doesnt really improve any handling, but it looks goods. BTW the lower bar will not fit.

Back