Current Engine bay pics everyone

They're not really feasible for track cars either. I appreciate the look but it makes more sense to me in older, carb'd vehicles because they don't have the amount of wiring in general. Smart routing and clean loom can look just as good (look at most race cars).

They're not really feasible for track cars either. I appreciate the look but it makes more sense to me in older, carb'd vehicles because they don't have the amount of wiring in general. Smart routing and clean loom can look just as good (look at most race cars).

This. You want it accessible, but that doesn't mean it has to be a mess.

I love how wire tucks look and especially with all the work that goes into them. They just look so much cleaner and simple, what's not to like about them? A bunch of plastic wire loom, electrical tape and zip ties? That's ugly.

Besides, a car with a wire tuck usually isn't a DD or driven in harsh climates where you'll need to re-wire things. And some of the accessories are no longer used so why not cut them off the harness?

Phen, are you a grumpy Panda again? :D

Haha, no. Just throwing a sarcastic opinion out there because I've been told a few times that I need to tuck the MSM because I have too much going on under the hood. Yeah... too much like a big turbo taking up space..

For show cars, fine and dandy. I certainly appreciate the hardwork, and art aspect of it. I've seen some really bad ass VW's done up (and many of them DD in the Akron area) But... Evan, are you going to build a show car? Hell no, it would drive you nuts. Clean, tidy, out of the way, and accessible if needed? Perfect.

Gonna have to take a trip to the 757 to see this for myself...

IMG_0970.jpg

Time to clean up the valve cover wiring! The dirty brown loom totally takes away from your sexy VC and Perrin Fuel Rail!

Nice! You can tuck the entire loom under the fuel rail, and then route it around the passenger side of the VC. You only need to extend the power steering wire by maybe 2"

Back