Here is my current bay:

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

Finalized.....

DSCN0031.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe he just hasn't shown his hood scoop? Please let it be a hood scoop.

Neither does any other manufacturer. They set it up to be assembled as quickly as possible. Same reason on the proteges you have to pull 1 of the rear calipers to get the lower strut bolts out. The struts go on in assembly before the brakes, so they don't care that it adds time and effort to a simple strut replacement so long as everything goes together quickly. If they'd just flipped the strut bolts around there wouldn't be a problem, but that wasn't how they did it.

Huh? I've never had to remove a caliper to get my rear struts out ...

From another thread. Hope you don't mind me posting the pic, mate.

Yeah this definitely answers that. Kinda figured someone wouldnt spend the time to put that airbox and the iat sensor and everything and not think about the air intake at some point.. functional scoop is nice :)

I believe he means, if you're using a ratchet. cuz if you use a wrench, you're good.

Nope. From the factory, I think it's on the passenger side rear, the bolts are the "wrong" way in. Even with a ratchet, the caliper and (it's been a couple years since I've done it) IIRC the caliper bracket interfere with at least 1 of the bolts sliding out. The fix is to attach the caliper then re-insert the bolts from the other side. It's been that way on every bone stock Protege I've worked on, including my own. There was always that 1 rear corner that was "wrong".

Nope. From the factory, I think it's on the passenger side rear, the bolts are the "wrong" way in. Even with a ratchet, the caliper and (it's been a couple years since I've done it) IIRC the caliper bracket interfere with at least 1 of the bolts sliding out. The fix is to attach the caliper then re-insert the bolts from the other side. It's been that way on every bone stock Protege I've worked on, including my own. There was always that 1 rear corner that was "wrong".
ahh yes, that's the same for subarus..

Where is your air box actually getting air from?

It don't look like it's going to get no air.

Maybe he just hasn't shown his hood scoop? Please let it be a hood scoop.

or maybe it's coming up from below?.....

Sorry, late in on answering up...

From another thread. Hope you don't mind me posting the pic, mate.

No don't mind at all.

Yeah this definitely answers that. Kinda figured someone wouldnt spend the time to put that airbox and the iat sensor and everything and not think about the air intake at some point.. functional scoop is nice :)

Yes just like the DGM CF Hood with functional scoop. Cut open the hole for the CF Naca Duct back in 2001-2002. Really liked how it turned out. Functional Short Ram Cold Air Intake setup.

Brings back memories of when I first did it on my LX 2.0. Will probably end up making a newer and better one eventually. It also need the insulation on the top of the box to seal it when the hood closes. It has fallen of from all the years in storage.

Last edited:
It looks nice, I thought about doing something like that a while ago but I figured that since im putting that air straight into a furnace it wouldnt change the temperature much at the tb. Definitely a good thing on a n/a though.

IMG_1363.jpg

Exile Motorsports LX-T/C...wtf is he doing???

We're removing all of the 3m sound deadener that was in the engine bay, prepping for paint. Also, connector for the harness just came in, so we're working on that too!

Back