Cross brace?

Sarein

:
Mazda 2 Tamura
Ok so I'm not to keen on the idea of a full cage but I've heard cross braces exist?
Not overly sure on it yet but has anyone found one for the M2?

Hi,

I haven't seen an 'X' brace yet for an M2. Just about everything else though. Corksport has some. Ultraracing has braces for just about every available bolt. Autoexe has some.

The intent is to stiffen the chassis so that steering inputs are crisper. A full cage adds safety to the stiffness but I doubt that a cross brace would help much there.

Should be easy enough to fab. I'd start with a commercial bar like Corksports that ties the rear strut tops together. With some rod ends (rose joints) and tubing, go from the tops of the struts to the seat belt mounts on the opposite side.

John

Should of said it's not for safety. I just want to take the back seats out and I'd rather have something fill the space.
I know very little about them but they look great in the honda jazz/fit.
Corksport stuff looks great and I'm sure I will be buying a few parts when I'm ready but skint at the moment so looking into all options before pricing things up.

Thanks on the quick reply

Now, THAT is a cage ! ! ! !

I can just see trying to get your girl friend to climb over those to get in the passenger seat. NO GO ! ! ! ! <LOL>

John

Right well my search has returned nothing.
After attending a car meet last night and seeing one in a civic I now need a x brace.

So my plan is, call in a few favors and pay to get one made up but I'm going to need to do some CAD drawings to get it right.

I'm fairly sure I can get the part's attached to the struts done but where would the top attach to?
What point would be best for handling as I can't find out much about them still.

K brace is an option but I still have the same problem with mounting at the top end of the brace.
Any help or ideas would be greatly welcomed and thank you in advance for any feedback.

Back