cp-e takes FullControl of the MazdaSPEED6

Very interesting...gonna keep an eye on this. This tears me even more in the Unichip vs. XEDE vs. Standback debate.

there should not even be a debate when it comes to the unichip versus the other two systems. paying the same or more as another system which cannot be used tuned or tuned by shop that hasn't forked out for the unichip equipment is, in my mind, a mind bogglingly poor choice. arguably, the unichip does nothing special on its own merit that the others do not already do, and both of them do not behold you to paying people - and then only certain people - to tune your car.

back to the flash, i have full confidence in this after talking with josh and jordan. i think its going to spur on some competition in the reflash field in terms of features that come down from different companies involved, but i feel 100% cp-e will be on top of that. well done.

there should not even be a debate when it comes to the unichip versus the other two systems. paying the same or more as another system which cannot be used tuned or tuned by shop that hasn't forked out for the unichip equipment is, in my mind, a mind bogglingly poor choice. arguably, the unichip does nothing special on its own merit that the others do not already do, and both of them do not behold you to paying people - and then only certain people - to tune your car.

back to the flash, i have full confidence in this after talking with josh and jordan. i think its going to spur on some competition in the reflash field in terms of features that come down from different companies involved, but i feel 100% cp-e will be on top of that. well done.

With regards to the tune, I know it was mentioned earlier, but this isn't gonna be something that will be available with the Standback in the future? There's not the capability to program the throttle response in there from what I understand? Or has that not been confirmed yet?

With regards to the tune, I know it was mentioned earlier, but this isn't gonna be something that will be available with the Standback in the future? There's not the capability to program the throttle response in there from what I understand? Or has that not been confirmed yet?

the standback will work hand in hand with the flash, that is my understanding

How hard is for CP-E to built a flasher like COBB? So to have no shipping hassle and be sure if the dealer flashes the CPU to be a breeze for us to re flash. Also with the flasher to have an OBD scanner? If others can do it I am sure CP-E can too. Also keep in mind that not everyone is skilled to remove a CPU from a car. Just an opinion.

the ECU is very simple to pull on these cars. on a speed3, its right in the engine bay and requires less effort than pulling a battery. on the speed6, its right under the steering column. it was more difficult on a protege where you had to pull the floorpan and carpet.

the ECU is very simple to pull on these cars. on a speed3, its right in the engine bay and requires less effort than pulling a battery. on the speed6, its right under the steering column. it was more difficult on a protege where you had to pull the floorpan and carpet.

Damn, that is easy!

I (iagree) but still like the idea of a flasher unit. (lol2)

I (iagree) but still like the idea of a flasher unit. (lol2)

every type of system has its disadvantages. i like being able to remove a plug and play unit where no trace, not even the residual one of a reflash, can be found by anyone.

each flash cycle takes about 15 min and doing throught he obdii port can be dangerous if there are any interruptions. Additionally the spec on the chipset used in ecus is only 100 flashes. It may last more but it's not spec'd to. Standback changes are instantaneous and can be changed/flashed thousands of times.

cp-e is devoted to the standback. Their flash will eventually fix things like weather related problems and closed loop/open loop transition but those things will only make the piggyback tuners that much more effective. Personally, with as many changes as I make to my car I like the flexibility of being able to tune it myself to the mods I make.

each flash cycle takes about 15 min and doing through the obdii port can be dangerous if there are any interruptions. Additionally the spec on the chipset used in MS6, MS3, and CX-7 ecus is only 100 flashes. It may last more but it's not spec'd to. Standback changes are instantaneous and can be changed/flashed thousands of times.

cp-e is devoted to the standback. Their flash will eventually fix things like weather related problems and closed loop/open loop transition but those things will only make the piggyback tuners that much more effective. Personally, with as many changes as I make to my car I like the flexibility of being able to tune it myself to the mods I make.

I just got off the cp-e website. They have updated it. The flash will cost 399.00USD at this time. It looks like they give you 50.00USD off if you have the standback and another 50.00USD off if you have the plug and play harness.

I am going to have to give this one some serious consideration.

Personally, with as many changes as I make to my car I like the flexibility of being able to tune it myself to the mods I make.

exactly. and you cannot - albeit yet - do this with the AccessPORT. and when that function does become available, you will be paying through the nose for it.

I see that the MS3 hp/tq graphs from Dada appear pretty similar to those posted on CPE's website. Dada's posting lists FMIC, DP etc as the mods. How much of a gain could we expect with less mods? e.g. I'm running ETS TMIC + TP.

My speed6 is pretty much stock right now. I'm going to get the flash soon. I might be able to shine some light on how much gain is made on a stock MS6.

My speed6 is pretty much stock right now. I'm going to get the flash soon. I might be able to shine some light on how much gain is made on a stock MS6.

Interested to see what gains you see. Do you plan to get a before and after dyno? I think CPE is also working on getting a stock dyno but it's not on their website yet.

Interested to see what gains you see. Do you plan to get a before and after dyno? I think CPE is also working on getting a stock dyno but it's not on their website yet.

Might not be 100% stock. I will have the CPE CAI, HKS BOV, and TurboXS racepipe installed. I wont be doing the before and after dyno.

Back