CP-E FMIC has arrived! (How -TO-Install)

Chris-BE

Contributor
:
2006 Mazda Speed6 GT
Hmm wrong area, can a mod move this? oops!

Sorry for the poor picture, my good camera is AWOL. The camera phone will have to suffice.

The kit comes in a HUGE box, it was delivered from the 'big deliveries' truck, not the standard truck.

Everything looks great, it seems like another high quality bolt on kit that CP-E is famous for.

-----------------------------

First things first. tighten you clamps as tight as you can get them. If one of the couplers come off, it will feel like you car just kicked the bucket. I know I did.

The FMIC fits right in, everything lines up right. All the needed pieces are there. The instructions are stellar. (lots of pictures)

It really fits right in the with the CP-E CAI in the engine bay.

The FMIC is not hard to install at all. The hard part is taking off everything, the bumper, TMIC, and intake. I can now take my bumper cover off in maybe 15 minutes. Removing the TMIC is easy as pie.

I suggest taking your time do everything right the first time. Tighten your clamps!

No real special tools needed.

A metric socket set; good phillips screw driver; hex wrench set, decent pair of dikes, scissors

You will need come vacuum tubing to reach the BOV since it wll be relocated.

Bring a big can of patience.

Tighten you clamps!

I won't go through a wrench turn by wrench turn directions, as the ones included are more then sufficient. I think every page has a huge warning stating to tighten your clamps. Good advice.

Basically, disconnect battery, take off your TMIC, take off your bumper cover, take off your intake. Remove splitter from bumper cover.

Keep track of all your hardware. You will be taking off A LOT of plastic and metal screws, bolts. Take the time and keep them as organized as you can.

I will say take your time on the bumper cover, and get the plastic fasteners in the fender off correctly. They can get stubborn, if thats the case, give em a good yank.

Putting the piping in is pretty easy. TIGHTEN YOUR CLAMPS! Crank down the clamps that connect the throttle body, it's hard to get to it later on.

Adding the IC and mount can be tricky without a second pair of hands for 10 minutes. I was solo, and just roped up the IC up behind the bumper while I attached the nice IC bracket.

Once all the pipes are on, get everything really lined up nice. Pay attention to the clearance of various objects on the driver side of the bumper area.

Put your intake on.

Crank down on all of the clamps.

Put on the bumper, spend the extra time getting all of the little fasteners on nice and tight.

That should be it. I probably forgot something though.

---------------------------------------------------

I don't have a lot of driving feedback yet, I've only driven it locally, just to see if I failed to tighten any other clamps. I didn't have 1 tight enough and it blew off on my first run. Sounded cool, but made the car run like s***. I had thought I hurt the motor. Nope, just a coupler blown off making the car stall. If you remember only one thing, tighten your clamps.

My initial impression is WOWZERS! You can hear the turbo a little more, and hear the BOV a little more. Nothing really to be concerned about. I might be tired, but it really felt like it had more torque. I'll do some driving with the stock ECU tomorrow to see what it does.

Again sorry for the camera phone.

cp-eintercooler.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to have measured how long all the pipes were total did you? I want to compare the total distance going the drivers side only versus the passenger to drivers side routing.

BigTimm, no I didn't measure the piping. I think it would be safe to presume that the driverside only routing would be shorter. If I get the chance I'll try to give an accurate measurement later today.

Mike, I felt the most increase in the bottom end, but it's my feeling that there is an increase in the response from top to bottom.

I'm going to try to do some driving with the stock ecu only this evening to get some comparisons for the stock folks.

Here is a pic of the engine bay with everything back together.

11.jpg

thanx a lot for the review! also one more request, if you can can you please post a pidture of the bumper on?

well got mine yesturday! is on now! i love this beast! men CPE ROCKS! well ill right a review and some great pics soon!

Hmm wrong area, can a mod move this? oops!

Sorry for the poor picture, my good camera is AWOL. The camera phone will have to suffice.

The kit comes in a HUGE box, it was delivered from the 'big deliveries' truck, not the standard truck.

Everything looks great, it seems like another high quality bolt on kit that CP-E is famous for.

-----------------------------

First things first. tighten you clamps as tight as you can get them. If one of the couplers come off, it will feel like you car just kicked the bucket. I know I did.

The FMIC fits right in, everything lines up right. All the needed pieces are there. The instructions are stellar. (lots of pictures)

It really fits right in the with the CP-E CAI in the engine bay.

The FMIC is not hard to install at all. The hard part is taking off everything, the bumper, TMIC, and intake. I can now take my bumper cover off in maybe 15 minutes. Removing the TMIC is easy as pie.

I suggest taking your time do everything right the first time. Tighten your clamps!

No real special tools needed.

A metric socket set; good phillips screw driver; hex wrench set, decent pair of dikes, scissors

You will need come vacuum tubing to reach the BOV since it wll be relocated.

Bring a big can of patience.

Tighten you clamps!

I won't go through a wrench turn by wrench turn directions, as the ones included are more then sufficient. I think every page has a huge warning stating to tighten your clamps. Good advice.

Basically, disconnect battery, take off your TMIC, take off your bumper cover, take off your intake. Remove splitter from bumper cover.

Keep track of all your hardware. You will be taking off A LOT of plastic and metal screws, bolts. Take the time and keep them as organized as you can.

I will say take your time on the bumper cover, and get the plastic fasteners in the fender off correctly. They can get stubborn, if thats the case, give em a good yank.

Putting the piping in is pretty easy. TIGHTEN YOUR CLAMPS! Crank down the clamps that connect the throttle body, it's hard to get to it later on.

Adding the IC and mount can be tricky without a second pair of hands for 10 minutes. I was solo, and just roped up the IC up behind the bumper while I attached the nice IC bracket.

Once all the pipes are on, get everything really lined up nice. Pay attention to the clearance of various objects on the driver side of the bumper area.

Put your intake on.

Crank down on all of the clamps.

Put on the bumper, spend the extra time getting all of the little fasteners on nice and tight.

That should be it. I probably forgot something though.

---------------------------------------------------

I don't have a lot of driving feedback yet, I've only driven it locally, just to see if I failed to tighten any other clamps. I didn't have 1 tight enough and it blew off on my first run. Sounded cool, but made the car run like s***. I had thought I hurt the motor. Nope, just a coupler blown off making the car stall. If you remember only one thing, tighten your clamps.

My initial impression is WOWZERS! You can hear the turbo a little more, and hear the BOV a little more. Nothing really to be concerned about. I might be tired, but it really felt like it had more torque. I'll do some driving with the stock ECU tomorrow to see what it does.

Again sorry for the camera phone.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/franchizeracing/speed6/cp-eintercooler.jpg[/img

[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/franchizeracing/speed6/5-1.jpg[/img
[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/franchizeracing/speed6/6-1.jpg[/img

[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/franchizeracing/speed6/8-1.jpg[/img

[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/franchizeracing/speed6/7-1.jpg[/img

[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/franchizeracing/speed6/9-1.jpg[/img

[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/franchizeracing/speed6/11.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

the intercooler seems to be sitting high. post some pics with the bumper on. great job on the install though.

Back