Could use some suggestions.

jtl

:
CX-5 GT w/Tech
Now that I have a 2014 liquid silver Touring FWD arriving in a month I need to think about several accessories. If anyone has any thoughts on these please tell me.
Rubber floor mats, cargo tray, door sill plates, SS bumper guard, front and rear splash guards and a hood protector all from mazdaparts.com

Clear film for diy install on bumper and headlights, hopefully the hood protector from mazdaparts will work for the hood.

Color matched body side moldings.

By the time I do all of this, assuming it is worthwhile and get tint I will be at $1000 but if it protects the car I suppose it is worth it.

John

If your model trim does not come with tinted windows, that is a great modification that looks great and keeps your interior cooler in the summer. Good choice to do that one!

I think there is a thread on each option. I did the body side molding myself and it is working well. Being in FL you may want to consider the bug screen with gutter guard and pet screen in "how to"...

I agree with the gutter guard, I will never understand that design leaving the bottom open. Honda does the same thing. I need to find a little nicer mod for this. Ideally, a custom made insert with downward facing louvers would be nice but cost prohibitive for one car. Tinted windows are a must have as are the body side moldings. There are threads for some of this and I have read plenty of them but I was looking for current opinions after people had some time to use these accessories. I am especially interested in splash guard comments and the hood edge protector. Thanks.

I think you get tint with touring on all back windows(?), I am happy with mine on GT but in FL you may want to add a bit to front...

I think you get tint with touring on all back windows(?), I am happy with mine on GT but in FL you may want to add a bit to front...

Thanks for the heads up on that, I will make a point to check out.

I got the rubber cargo tray (bought at the dealer, used 20% off coupon, well worth it) and bought door sills on ebay from China. Arrived a month later, installed easily - I think they look nice. I got the ones that do not need the light cables hooked up, just the plates, and I'm happy with them.
I also bought these plastic film door handle protectors - waiting for the weather to warm up to put those up.
Just like you, splash guards are also on my list. Would love to get the clear plastic film for entire front but have to pick what I spend $ on.. I am getting a hitch in a couple of week for the bike rack.
All those accessories you mentioned are worth it :)

I got the rubber cargo tray (bought at the dealer, used 20% off coupon, well worth it) and bought door sills on ebay from China. Arrived a month later, installed easily - I think they look nice. I got the ones that do not need the light cables hooked up, just the plates, and I'm happy with them.
I also bought these plastic film door handle protectors - waiting for the weather to warm up to put those up.
Just like you, splash guards are also on my list. Would love to get the clear plastic film for entire front but have to pick what I spend $ on.. I am getting a hitch in a couple of week for the bike rack.

I am still trying to decide if the splash guards really do much good, no one that has them has commented or maybe no on the forum even has them. The plastic film is another question mark, I am always amazed how much it costs even for a DIY job. I may try the bumper and maybe the headlights which look to be a real challenge. The hood edge protector may be enough to protect that area but again it would be nice to hear that from someone who has it one their vehicle. Thanks for the reply.

I had the front and rear splash guards installed by dealer. Yes, they do serve a purpose, especially up north here in MA with all the damn road salt they use. They do keep the splatter off the quarter panels to some degree. And I think they look good.

Also had the SS rear bumper guard installed...mainly for the looks.

And don't forget the wheel lock lugs...for a little security depending on where you park.

I broke down and just bought the 40.00 ebay mud flaps from China. They are good quality, look great and took 3 weeks to get to my post office. I just couldn't see spending 130.00 for 4 pieces of plastic from Mazda.....

Hey, do you have any pictures of the door sills? I would like to see what they look like on a car. :)

I am still trying to decide if the splash guards really do much good, no one that has them has commented or maybe no on the forum even has them. The plastic film is another question mark, I am always amazed how much it costs even for a DIY job. I may try the bumper and maybe the headlights which look to be a real challenge. The hood edge protector may be enough to protect that area but again it would be nice to hear that from someone who has it one their vehicle. Thanks for the reply.

Splash guards reduce mileage slightly, especially at high speeds due to airflow disruption...

Latest posts

Back