Corrugated EGR tubing?

I just measured the EGR pipe as best as I could and its around 18" give or take.

Last edited:
My setup
DSCI0027.jpg

DSCI0025.jpg

DSCI0024.jpg

Okay, I feel a little dense here, since so many other people have apparently been able to figure this out... but I can't for the life of me find a fitting that will fit the intake mani. It's a 5/8" thread with an 18 thread pitch, but every fitting I can find is 14 thread pitch. The closest I could find was the male part of a compression tube fitting for 5/8" OD tube, but the diameter was about .040" smaller than the threads on the EGR tube. The thread pitch was correct, but the threads only engaged at their very peaks.

Does anyone happen to remember specifically what type of fitting they used at the intake mani side? Compression, Flare, MIP, NPS, NPT, BPST???

(dunno)

Was it an exact fit? I got a 5/8" MIP adapter with my line, but the thread pitch is 14 instead of 18. I can thread it in about two turns before it siezes up. I'm wondering if it'd be easier to just get a tap and tap new threads.

None of the fittings in the kit I bought are the correct thread (or type of mating surface for that matter) for the EGR port, that's why I'm curious if it was an exact fit or if people are just wrenching in the 5/8" fittings even though they're the wrong thread pitch. Seems like that would give a pretty crappy seal to the exhaust gases, but if it's working for other people, I'll give it a shot.

I'm having trouble routing my corrugated tubing without it touching wires. Naturally, I don't want to melt my harness wires, so I need options. The easiest thing I can think of, would be to heat wrap the corrugated egr tube. My only concerns are that the pipe won't last long wrapped and that the pipe still might be hot enough to melt wires. My other option is to instead wrap the wires/ coolant lines.

Mine dont touch. There was just like two places where I used a metal zip tie to hold the tube away from wires. To be honest the pipe really only gets hot enough to be concerned with for the first 4-6 inches after leaving the header. At least thats as far as the yellow coating flaked off, seems the heat dissipates after that.

I ended up capping the header and adding a breather filter with the EGR pipe to the IM.

Mine dont touch. There was just like two places where I used a metal zip tie to hold the tube away from wires. To be honest the pipe really only gets hot enough to be concerned with for the first 4-6 inches after leaving the header. At least thats as far as the yellow coating flaked off, seems the heat dissipates after that.

Are you boosted? What size did you get? I got 3/8" x 24".

Last edited:
Alright, hopefully someone looks at this thread soon. This is the setup I picked up from Lowe's (couldn't find the one at Home Depot, but I'll certainly give it another shot since online it says they're in stock):
0915131533_zpse7d4c9ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Is this the right one? Or should I take it back and get something else? I'm only questioning it because there's one I found online that has a higher BTU rating (not sure if that'll affect it much or not). Thoughts?

Back