CorkSport SRI's Now Fully Configurable w/ Black Silicone & Filters

_Jason

:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
We just got our black silicone and charcoal colored dry flow filters in for the CorkSport Power Series intake for the 2nd Gen MZ3, 1st and 2nd Gen MS3, MS6 and CX-7:

02.jpg

Axl-6-117-1112012606583634b241ebb7ad69.jpg

Along with these colors, we have made our intake systems fully configurable - allowing our customers to mix and match combinations of colors.

The next stage of this development will be the addition of various colors of anodized MAF housings which will be available on February 10th:

03.jpg

These too will be configurable...want black silicone, gold MAF & blue filter, we'll build it.

Finally the third stage will release on March 15th and include a variety of other anodized MAF Housing colors, anodized and powdercoated turbo inlet pipes as well as some other options that we're keeping to ourselves at this point.

Check out our latest CorkSport Blog entry for further details. The website now allows the full configuration of the intake and displays a photo of the setup as well. I will note we got a little crazy with the flash with some of the photos and it washed out the filters a bit, so the in-car photos will do those colors a bit more justice.

2010 MZ3 SRI Options & Configurations

2010 MS3 Intake Options & Configurations

2007-2009 MS3 Intake Options & Configurations

MS6 Intake Options & Configurations

CX-7 Intake Options & Configurations

If there is something specific you want to see in the next two stages, let me know. I'll be putting a poll together to judge which colors are most popular so we can make our next MAF Housing run and anodizing match the interest in the parts.

By the time we're done there will be literally hundreds of options to choose from. And as there has already been interest in offering upgrades to people who want the new colors available, we are discussing that and should have an update shortly.

Jason Griffith
Product Development Engineer
CorkSport Mazda Performance

Last edited:
This is pretty awesome to let the customers pick the colors. I haven't seen another company do that. And major kudos on putting the pictures up for what each color combo looks like!

Thanks! We're working hard to improve our products every time we reorder inventory - so give us your suggestions, we love to hear them.

Jason

Jason,

I love the fact that you're giving us multiple options for colors. Plus the fact that the powergain of your intake and the cost associated is very, very reasonable makes this a definite must buy!

As soon as my loan is funded and I know my car is "mine" I'm buying the Intake+TIP.

^^^same here, CorkSport SRI and a TP are first on my MS3 when I get it! Coming from a S2000 those HP/TQ gains are insane. You cant find 25tq without boost on the S2K.

^^^same here, CorkSport SRI and a TP are first on my MS3 when I get it! Coming from a S2000 those HP/TQ gains are insane. You cant find 25tq without boost on the S2K.

Agreed, the s2000 is a great car but unless it's blown/boosted, it's no beast-potential is minimal at best.

If all goes well I will have the colored MAF housings posted up on the webpage with pictures this weekend. There are alot of pictures to take with all of the color options for the MAF housings, Filters, and Silicone.

-Derrick

ok here comes the noob question........what do you mean by the sri air box?...do you mean we keep our stock air box?....go easy on me LOL

Nope the SRI (short ram intake) replaces the stock airbox. The irbox I am talking about is an enclosure that CS is working on is to keep warm air from the engine bay to get to the intake. Basically closing off the intake part of the SRI so it gets cooler air than warm under hood air.

just ordered the SRI today. decided to get the blue silicone (b/c the black is out of stock & I didn't want to wait for it) w/ the black MAF & black filter. can't wait to get it!

any update on the air box?

We are still working on airboxes. The Mazdaspeed 3 boxes will be finished up first. We do not have a release date yet for the airboxes.

-Derrick

I just ordered my SRI from Corksport and received an email saying that it wont ship til the 13th at the earliest. The problem being that I have a Mazda Show on the 10th. So I gave them a call and spoke with Derrick. He basically pieced me together a SRI and will have it on its way on Wednesday. Didnt spend more than 3-5 minutes on the phone with him. Amazing customer service!!!!! I cant wait to install and feel the difference!

Back