Corksport FMIC

Just installed it tonight. pita pita lol. So tired now. Whats with not being able to use the fan behind the radiator no more? You have to remove it so the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler will fit. Won't my ac or whatever be affected?

Just installed it tonight. pita pita lol. So tired now. Whats with not being able to use the fan behind the radiator no more? You have to remove it so the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler will fit. Won't my ac or whatever be affected?

What is going on? More info on the install please. You had to remove the fan?

I was told this was pretty much a direct bolt on. So you had to remove a fan to make this kit work? Thats crappy!!! (dunno)

Sounds kind of like the MAM kit guys - the stock fan is just too large. Just get a 12" puller slimline fan like a SPAL or something and everything should work out just fine. They're not too expensive (~$100) and are really easy to splice into the stock wiring. Honestly guys, this isn't that big of a set back...

I run 2 SPAL slimlines and they cool better than the stockers. It's no big deal guys, go buy a fan.

I run 2 SPAL slimlines and they cool better than the stockers. It's no big deal guys, go buy a fan.
Yeah I had two SPAL's until my accident and I impaled one with a bolt. Now I've got some generic slimline fan with roughly the same numbers as the SPAL and is quieter! Good GOD those things are loud!

Last edited:
well with the group buy i guess with the hundred that we save we can just buy the new fan i guess

Oh well, going to get a stock protege radiator anyway for better cooling and which SPAL fans will fit?
I currently am running a 12" puller mounted to the back of the radiator and in front of the turbo for the primary fan and a 10" pusher mounted to the front of the a/c condensor for the a/c fan. I didn't even used the wiring harness adaptor - just spliced them into the stock wiring.

i was hoping this would be PnP, im kinda disappointed about acquiring more parts for the install. And where would you guys recommend acquiring this fan or FANS?

I'm running a 12" puller in stock cooling fan location, and a 10" pusher on the front of the A/C condensor. My guess is that you should go with 2 replacements fans, instead of just the one. Leave you WAY more room for upgrades in the future.

I'm running a 12" puller in stock cooling fan location, and a 10" pusher on the front of the A/C condensor. My guess is that you should go with 2 replacements fans, instead of just the one. Leave you WAY more room for upgrades in the future.
I begin to think more and more our setups are almost identical (minus the awesome built engine and turbo of course). Yeah definitely switch both of them out for more room.

Ya, mine actually cool better than the stockers too, which is a plus, but ya they're LOUD as ****, but no worries, my entire car is a screamer lol! The SPALs cool better cause they have like 10 blades instead of 4.

so what the dilly yo? during the test fit, were the stock fans on the car or not.........how about now? i've had a few....(cheers)....need to clarify....if the fan needs to go then i'm out of the GB....i'll just get a side mount and hard pipes....can someone from corksport confirm this.....

Back