CorkSport CX-5 Axleback Exhaust stock

100% on UPS/transit/moisture. I was very impressed with how the actual exhaust was wrapped up.

Years of UPS smashing boxes has gotten us to where we are now. Not sure if that is good or bad, lol!

@CorkSport since this thread is for the CX5 exhaust and others may have the same question— what would be your recommendation for cleaning/upkeep of the shiny/visible parts? Is there a go-to chemical or method or anything? Or conversely, anything to specifically avoid?

I’ve never owned such a nice exhaust that I wanted to keep clean.. 👍

We use mother metal polish here @ CorkSport for tough spots.

Normal cleaning with soapy water is what I personally use on my Mazda 6 Turbo exhaust.

-Derrick

Let me know if this is not allowed, but I have a very lightly used (i.e 4 days) CX-5 exhaust from the last batch that I am looking to sell! Feel free to PM for details, it's also listed in the classifieds.

Quick update for people waiting. We accepted some pre-orders for the next batch today but have stopped as of now. They will be going out the door early March.

We will have some available to purchase when they go back live on our store on 3/11.

Thanks

I'll let you know. I'm ordering one.

I put a 21 an 22 side by side at the dealer and mounts and tip location are identical as I can tell.

22s have a different muffler and tips and sound noticably better than the previous generation IMO.
Please do! I quickly glanced and they looked the same. The car sounds good already IMO but the axleback would open it up just that little bit

• Haha
Reactions: 323
Please do! I quickly glanced and they looked the same. The car sounds good already IMO but the axleback would open it up just that little bit
I have installed my exhaust on my 22 Turbo.

Pipe connection and hanger location was no issue. The tips line up with the cutouts in the bumper as they should.

However, they do not seam go come out quite as far as I think they should. Still looks good, but with the new bumper design, I think it would be improved with a straight cut tip that comes out a bit farther.

Intercooler, pipe kit and lowering springs go in this weekend.

CX5 customers are not typically looking for a weight savings when shopping exhausts so it is something we never measured between the OEM and ours so we do not have the data.

CX5 customers are not typically looking for a weight savings when shopping exhausts so it is something we never measured between the OEM and ours so we do not have the data.
That you are aware of. A number of us do like to know weights especially if there is a weight savings.

Back