Condensation in 2012 cx-9 tail lamps

HOLOHOLO

:
2012 Pearl White CX-9 Touring
I was going over the TSB's Ceric posted recently, and was reminded of an issue I've had since picking up the car last year.

0905710 DEC 10 Lighting - Condensation In Front/Rear Lamps

Most days there is noticeable moisture trapped in the drivers rear tail lamp. (Not today, of course, when I go to photograph it. It's just another crappy, sunny day in paradise). Usually, small droplets persist around the outer edges of the clear wraparound housing, and I think it's even wetter in the sealed red LED section at times (larger drops). The other lamps are not effected.

lens leak.jpg

Has anyone experienced this? What's the dealer's resolution to the problem?

I think Mazda has taken a pretty firm position on it being normal, but mine only does that when I wash the car. If its muggy out I don't think its normal for condensation to appear.

Same problem. bought the car brand new but was snowing at the time. next day was sunny and noticed condensation as well. Brought it in to dealer.. They say its a trade-off...cheap parts for exhilarating drive. lol wth? Scheduled a appointment getting replaced under warranty this saturday

I had and still have the same issues with my rear lamps. Dealer says it's normal and Mazda will only replace if it is extreme only. I only have a very slight amount and I have not payed as much attention to mine. I will demand a replacement if mine got worse.

Just an note, I went in for an "Ultra wash" yesterday. Talk about pressure!

I did not notice any water in the light after the blow dry and wiping here down. So I don't suspect penetration is the problem. Seems more like a humidity venting or weeping issue.

Was anyone told where the water comes from?

Back