Concerned Possible MSP Owner....

TurboProtege said:
Black, and don't call me a kid because I probably know alot more about cars then you think.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yah dont call him a kid!! i mean he DOES have a learners permit you know!!... hell.. once daddy buys him his car he'll practically be a man... and he knows more about cars than you too phobic... he even knows that the msp cant handle nearly as well as the cl type s! now thats some knowledge!

TurboProtege said:
I feel like i am overposting, but they did test drive a sentra se-r with my sister, and said it was a HORRIBLE ride, is this a bad sign?

well concidering that the ride is like bleh for the spec v, it's a sport suspension.

Compared to the acura I think the MSP will be rough, probally not as rought as a spec v...but probally like a normal Ser (if that's what it was)

The normal Ser is pretty good for me...my parents' van and altima though are MUCH nicer (comfort wise)

I dunno if your dad found the normal Ser suspension rough...then that's crazy

but my friend he drives a BMW, and his dad bought a land rover discovery, and he thought the ride on that was really rough....compared to the altima it was like riding on a cloud -.-;

Oh yea..type Rs for handlng don't touch the MSP...the ride quality is ROUGH compared to my spec...but they handle just slightly better than a spec, but still quite behind from a MSP IMO.

Last edited:
and when i grow up and start to go hair in funny places and my daddy buys me a car i too will be a man. friggen clown boy. tell your dad to save money and buy you a metro. thats real nice, i don't want to wiat to buy the car i want it now so he's going to go and test drive it for me. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. you don't wipe your own ass do you?

twiztedjeckel said:
and when i grow up and start to go hair in funny places and my daddy buys me a car i too will be a man. friggen clown boy. tell your dad to save money and buy you a metro. thats real nice, i don't want to wiat to buy the car i want it now so he's going to go and test drive it for me. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. you don't wipe your own ass do you?

Where the hell did this come from? (huh) He didn't ask for any personal attacks! (notcool)Any way, I hope your dad does not equate good handling to a "cadillac" ride. I hope he would be able to deal with the not so soft suspention of the the MSP. The MSP and the MP3 handle in a slalom just as well as the Porcshe 911.

Leave Personal attacks out of this. This is not that "other" protege site, and we don't want that here. Unfortunately due to a few bad apples, that "stuff" is happening more often lately.

As for your father, if he's cool enough to have that Acura ( unless he bought it because it looked nice or something), I would imagine that he understands at least what "handling" really is. Yes, the MSP will be a little rougher, christ look at the tires....duh, but usually people who are in this type or market aren't the typical ( the other guy said it best ) caddy owner.

And don't forget, there are MORE speeds coming next year, just different colors.

Good luck, and can Dad by me one too :)

Yea, jeese guys don't hate on me for no reason, christ you know for a fact if your parents were gonna buy you a car, you wouldn't turn the offer down. All I was looking for where some honest opinions, I shouldn't have even told you my age. I'm not looking for a fight, I'm looking for some advice.

and we gave you advice... and your responses every single time were

"are you sure?? i think the cl type s is better"

"so the msp handles better?? are you sure??"

"i dont know guys.. i dont think the msp handles well enough for my daddy"

"yah, but im still not sure if the msp can handle"

and so on and so on...

d00d... were not being dicks... were having a little fun with you..

i mean.. c'mon... if you were in our shoes.. your telling me you wouldn't tease a 16 yr old kid thats getting his car paid for by daddy?? i mean.. you have to realize that a little part of it IS jealousy.. we wish we had rich ass parents that spoiled us and bought us cars... but we dont, so we tease...

and you have to see my point.. that MANY people pointed out NUMEROUS times that the msp will kick the s*** out of your dads cl in the suspension/handling dept... but you kept insisting that you werent sure and didn't believe us...

and last... if you dont wanna get talked back to then dont make comments like "and i bet i know more about cars than you do!"

this is a GOOD FORUM!... everyone here is extremely helpful, nice, and funny as hell... i've never had more fun in my life with a group of friends... well.. ok.. thats kinda sad.. imma go cry now..

granted the occasional flamewar breaks out... but ppl are quick to kiss and make up.. And ill bet you my mp3 for your msp that you will not find another board where you will be treated any better than you will here... sure.. go to one of the others... but when you come back here because theres no good info and nothin but a-holes on those boards, dont complain to me

nobody said they didnt want you here... remember that

Last edited:
Don't mind Protege01MP3 he has an apparent stick up his ass. As far as the MSP, yes it will no question handle better then the CL. Obviously it won't be as fast but a turbo is fun to drive regardless. It only comes in a 5 speed stick, so I hope you can drive that. Also depending on how much snow you get in NJ you're probably goin to have to invest in some snow tires. I just bought a set with steelies for $330, so they're not much. In addition the MSP is gonna have a superior Stereo then the CL, it's a 450 watt Kenwood system, quite nice. It's a good car, and not in just one area, yes it excels in some areas, and yes there are faster cars for the same price, but feature for feature it'd be a challange to find something at that price. Plus it's RARE! Which is a bonus, it's nice owning a car noones seems to have. Good Luck, and again sorry for the lamers, I sure the hell wouldnt say no if my parents offered to buy me a car.

wow bud... arent you great???!!

and i sure am lame...

i guess your greatness is why your so in love with Macs right?? thats gotta be it.. because.. you know.. a Mac is sooooo superior to a PC.... so much more software, so much more widespread support...

(and dont confuse and twist my words.. dont give me the whole reliability schpiel (sp?).. i sad PC.. NOT WINDOWS, meaning any operating system.. ie unix... and hmm... what is OSX based on? i wonder if thats because the previous mac software was s***?? could be)

what do you mean wtf?? i didn't say s*** to provoke that asshole to call me lame...

that kid came on here asking for advice
EVERYONE AND THEIR MAMA told him the EXACT SAME THING
he refused to believe it no matter what anyone said
he then proceeded to try and insult someone and state that he "probably knows more about cars than him".. and keep in mind... just because he referenced him as "kid"... not even in a hostile manor either.... just as a friendly reference...

I wasn't even a prick... i even told him that we said nothing about not wanting him here and that he is welcome...

then this **** comes on saying im lame because i pointed these things out? ok..

Protege01MP3 said:
what do you mean wtf?? i didn't say s*** to provoke that asshole to call me lame...
He meant "WTF? Why are you talking about computer operating systems?"

Also, you're being a prick. 20 lines of "HAHA" is excessive and not particularly funny. Calm down and shut up. Feel free to reply, you will be happily ignored.

seriously folks......lets just let this all drop, and move on. If someone does something you interperet to be stupid or something on this board then make fun of em if you must but just once.....and whoever is being made fun of, you have your retort, but please, just one. And then the thread can continue of its own momentum......

If you want to continue an argument or something just post a link in your retort to a thread in the "flames" forum

I know this has been said repeatedly in every part of this site and i hate to be a broken record but this place seems to have gotten more hostile in the past cple months. I saw the 16 year old from NJ saying he might not come back to the board today in some thread and I remembered back in june when I had joined this board how much i enjoyed the 'community' that is mazdamp3.com .........I had been over at rx7club.com for a cple years and it was refreshing to come to a club where they didnt discriminate against the cocky/ignorant/rude/dumb members. An equally warm welcome was given to a protege fool such as myself as to an experienced tuner.

so once again, im not saying anyone is right or anyone is wrong and certainly not exhonnorating myself, and im not responding to any specific comment, this just so happens to be the thread lucky enough to receive my rant. Please dont respond to this post, positively or negatively, just read it process it, and continue on your merry way.

Well having done further research into this, and by asking around. My friend at work he owns a CL Type S, and he told me his ride quality is damned near perfect. It's smooth, and he doesn't feel many bumps. He said the handling is quite good for what it is, I also dropped by at my work to see it, yea, the ride quality is damned good.

so here is my new look on things.

You said your dad is concerned about handling, well the MSP does that VERY well.

Your dad was also concerned about the ride quality Well...if your dad's requrements for comfort is a CL, then he won't like the MSP just based on the fact it's been given reviews like "skateboard ride" or "rough sporty ride".

The MSP handles VERY well, but it is supposed to have a stiff suspension, and very rough ride.

Point to note though, rougher ride doesn't equal better handling. a BMW M3 is AWSOME for handling, do you feel a thing? nope.

The MSP probally has as rough a suspension of a normal ser (which your dad says a Ser is a horrible ride...) the spec v is MUCH worse...but the MSP handles better...

I dunno if your dad finds the base ser giving a harsh ride...that I would take it to be a bad sign.

Overall the MSP is a good car, but don't expect luxery suspension or any leather or any thing fancy.

oh yea btw I didn't pay for my car either :) You can say it was a grad gift.

This board is turning gay like the other one. Come on I dont want to see that happen. :(

I thing this thread is a dead horse, so stop beating it. What better way to end than with humour. Since they were talking cars AND computers in this thread (and I refuse to believe anyone can possibly think to compare PC's to Macs.... why do you think they call them "windows boxes") I was wondering if everyone had seen this .... I know its been around, but its great.
(lol) (rofl) (lol) (rofl) (lol)

Subject: General Motors Replies to Bill Gates
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated "If GM had kept up
with the technology like the computer industry, we would all be driving
$25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release
stating "If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would be
driving cars with the following characteristics:"

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they painted new lines on the road, you would have to buy a
new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reasons. You would
have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut
off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.
For some reason you would simply accept this!

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as left turn would
cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you
would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Only one person at a time could use the car unless you bought CarNT,
but then you would have to buy more seats.

6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable,
five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but it would only run one
percent of the roads.

7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would all be
replaced by a single "general protection fault" warning light

8. The airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.

9. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car, would lock you out
and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle,
turned the key and grabbed hold of the antenna.

10. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand
McNally Road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need nor
want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's
performance to diminsh by 50 percent or more. Moreover, GM would become
a target for investigation by the justice department.

11. Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to
drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the
same manner as the old car.

12. You'd have to press the "start" button to turn the system off!

Protege01MP3 said:
wow bud... arent you great???!!

and i sure am lame...

i guess your greatness is why your so in love with Macs right??

wtf man, should I pull some s*** randomly out of nowhere too?
I guess you're so awesome cause you like blueberry muffins?

oh wait that had no relavance to what anyone was talking about. And wtf does it matter what kind of computer someones running as long as it does what they want it to do? Yes I like macs, ohhhh yay for me. I guess you like being immature brat. Now if you want to continue bickering I'll be in the big kids room.(flame) on

Last edited:
You need to make sure that when you're dad test drives the car for you he's not expecting it to ride like his Acura. The Acura is a great car, and Type-S models do handle very well, but keep in mind they are luxury cars first, sports cars second. The MSP is not a luxury car, and will make no pretenses to be. It's going to ride harsher than your dad's CL, that's the nature of the car. If your dad is like mine, he will find a sporty (tight) handling car to be too harsh. If he thought an SE-R was too harsh, then he will think the same about this car. Just make sure he goes into it with the right mindset, this is a not a mini version of his Acura.

Back