cold air intake with the 'black thing' still on...

02PROTEGE2.0 said:
DSC_2283.jpg
DSC_2284.jpg
DSC_2285.jpg
LMAO, i just noticed how yur coolant tank is wrapped around yur fuse box with sum blue wire, now thats ghetto

haha well let me explain... the horn is there because i went grill free for a while and it looked lame with the horn in the empty space, so we moved it... and im too lazey to move it back...

the fluid overflow tank is bolted in... but it has a tendencey to turn a little and hit the intake from time to time... so i have it braced in... sure it looks ghetto... so will ehat wrap, but if it helps then s***... i dont care.

but i'm sure that i will do some prettying up now that school is out.

my camera batt. died so heres a paintshop. shows u a rough idea of where to correctly mount yur coolant tank. lol, im still laughing at how u have it placed

Attachments

• DSC_2285.jpg
    DSC_2285.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 184
haha thanks... pay check comes tomorrow and liek i said i've been in school so i ahvent been very maticulous (sp?) about that specific mod... i've been busy fixing up that new header!

thanks for the help man... i never thought about moving it down in the engine bay...

sure man no problem, thats why we're all here, to help, heres a real pic

Attachments

• roofracknme 009.jpg
    roofracknme 009.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 175
yeah man, its a real good lil mod to pretty up yur engine, but that wasnt the basis i was going for though. it stays pretty kool down there and havent had a problem with it. just buy a L bracket thing and sum screws and yur good.thanx for the comment Kansei

ha so after everyone MADE FUN OF ME i put my horn back where it belongs... and im going to ace hardware after i get my paycheck and im moving that coolant tank.

i just needed some inspiration...

also tomorrow... i think im gonna pull the grey tube back out and cut the bottom part a little shorter... right now the filter is at the very bottom of that little compartment in there.... but damn itsd alot of work to get the filter off and pull it out... have to practically take off the bottom splash guard

its real tricky getting in there bro, well good luck with the coolant tank and the intake, post up pics when u finish the project.

what is the grey tubing thats used for the cai extension? and where can i find it?

that was protege2.0s cai version. he bought that frum a hard where store and he also has an intake system while u dont, go back and look at his pics.

02PROTEGE2.0 said:
ha so after everyone MADE FUN OF ME i put my horn back where it belongs... and im going to ace hardware after i get my paycheck and im moving that coolant tank.

i just needed some inspiration...

LMAO! (thumb)

tengoestetempo said:
that was protege2.0s cai version. he bought that frum a hard where store and he also has an intake system while u dont, go back and look at his pics.

while i dont what>? ? i have an sri heat wrapped and ready for my ram air hood, i was just wondering what that was... pvc? or some other kind of plumbing piping

yeah its just 2.5" inside thickness pvc, comes out to a little over 2.75 on the oputsie which seems to be the standard on the cheap sri's. its the 90 degree elbow and its really long, i cut alot off of the engine end, but the filter end is still long, needs some trimming to be a wee bit safer for water.

I modified my AC ducts with a T & a switch that when activated sends refrigerated air into my intake so I have a true cold air intake that won't suck up any water. It's just like having nitrous only safer. The fan speed controls the boost. Working on the patent.

hehehe

Are you sure the performance gain from the colder air counteracts the 15-20% performance hit of the AC compressor?

Back