Coilover's popping?

DayOh257

Contributor
:
02 Protege5 w/ 03 MSP Swap
I'm running Skunk2 coilovers on OEM struts. I experience a popping sound everytime I steer. Is this a Skunk2 issue or a coilover issue?

Also, how can I fix it?

I've never heard anything like that with my coilovers. It must be a Skunk2 thing.

yeah i think its only skunks2 , there was a thread about it some time ago. But yeah my skunks pop too ,i dont mind them anymore

could be the arm going from the struts to the sway bars. that was making an aweful noise until i tighened better

Alright. So it's a Skunk2 thing. I was gonna get new struts and see if that helped. But since quite a few of you are experiencing it too, I think I'll just go with a new set. Maybe some TEIN's. Anyone have experience with those yet?

i have skunks , but you dont have to get new coilovers or springs. i was experienceing the same popping sounds when i first put on my coilovers, what you have to do is make sure that you put in the black plastic bearing thing on. you will find it on the black top cover from the front spring housing assembly that you took off in order to put in your new skunk coilovers. you will have to take off you coulovers inb order to put the plastic bearing in. after i did this there was no more popping or clunking whatsoever.

if your confused, or whatever let me know, i'll explain a little better, or even take pictures of what im talking about.

holy crap, iv got popping in one side, ill have to check it,thought i put those back in, might have forgot one!!lol

Synthesis5 said:
i have skunks , but you dont have to get new coilovers or springs. i was experienceing the same popping sounds when i first put on my coilovers, what you have to do is make sure that you put in the black plastic bearing thing on. you will find it on the black top cover from the front spring housing assembly that you took off in order to put in your new skunk coilovers. you will have to take off you coulovers inb order to put the plastic bearing in. after i did this there was no more popping or clunking whatsoever.

if your confused, or whatever let me know, i'll explain a little better, or even take pictures of what im talking about.
Yeah, just wanna ask you about the Skunk2 clunk....can u please explain more detail about the plastic bearing? or even better if u could take a pic....coz i am getting the coilover...just wanan make sure is install right while it is apart. THX

hey, any of you guys that installed your Skunk2 coil-overs. I just bought a set and went to install them, but i couldnt get the damn strut cap off (that stupid silver thing). How did you guys go about doin it?

I have that same annoying (pissed) loud-ass popping comming from my Ground Control coilovers so I dont think its a Skunk2 thing. Also I'm still rolling on stock struts/shocks and I'm pretty sure they're shot, cause my car's bouncing all over the place. Does anyone know where I can find replacements for a decent price........preferably not the same stock setup. Thanks in advance for your posts.

Latest posts

Back