Chumlet build thread!

hmmm is it me or the rear passenger looks like its off the ground? why couldnt they jst make this as an independent suspension.

I think if you take out the amber and put white on the headlights it would look better too!

I agree man the amber is bunk... Maybe that will be my next mod...

@Eyeballs RB springs are still going to look insanely good man I'm excited to see!

@Unzip When I first bought this car I had no intentions of modding... Just wanted to have a fun daily, then I met you lol... Thank you!

Chumlet...any way you could get a picture from directly behind your car in the daylight from a little distance. I've been eyeing those tail lights and for some reason not a fan of the smoked so I'd like to see the blacked out tails. Thanks in advance.

hmmm is it me or the rear passenger looks like its off the ground? why couldnt they jst make this as an independent suspension.

My 94 Sentra had independent rear suspension and it lifted a wheel too. It's the lack of droop travel that is causing this.

Okay guys, I believe the Planted seat bracket arrives tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully installation goes smoothly, I will have pictures!

Ever since I watched Ken Block's Gymkhana 1 video I have dreamed of building a cockpit similar to his... This was a great step forward :)

015.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

Nice!!!!!! So amazing, looks sexy!

Tell me about the install please.

How tall are you? How low are you sitting? I need more info :)

Nice!!!!!! So amazing, looks sexy!

Tell me about the install please.

How tall are you? How low are you sitting? I need more info :)

Dude it is amazing, install was not a problem. Everything bolted right up! I am 5'10. And you will be sitting a couple inches lower than stock. It is very nice though!!

Very Awesome, I had that seat and loved it! Just make sure that when you get out of the car, dont drag your ass on the side. It will wear out quickly. Just lift your butt up and scoot out. =)

The ever important question....

Is your seat belt or air bag light on??

Airbag light is on, but the seat belt light is not because I removed the seat belt clip completely... It unplugs from the bottom of the seat just like the airbag does!

Very Awesome, I had that seat and loved it! Just make sure that when you get out of the car, dont drag your ass on the side. It will wear out quickly. Just lift your butt up and scoot out. =)

Very funny you mention that, I noticed I kept forgetting to raise up lol thanks for the heads up man. It is a great seat :)

Why is that?The installation guide of my Takata harness pointed the shoulder belts to be crossed behind.

Good work chumlet!Tottaly different driving feeling with the race seat...!

In that case I'm keeping it! And thank you vdsracing

Airbag light is on, but the seat belt light is not because I removed the seat belt clip completely... It unplugs from the bottom of the seat just like the airbag does!

which air bag light is on? if its the one on the dash i won't see it :)

which air bag light is on? if its the one on the dash i won't see it :)

Yeah it is on the dash! Sorry I didn't send you pictures yet I'm just getting home (4:30am) haha my buddies brakes on his project truck failed so I replaced the whole system for him tonight. I will get your pictures first thing in the morning!

Back