Centric Rotors Are the Best Rotors For Your 2014+ Mazda 6

ABCGarage

ABC Garage
:
2015 Mazda6 Sport
Ever since replacing the stock brake components (excluding the brake calipers), the Centric Rotors have been performing tremendously well despite all the abuse they’ve been through. Last week I reviewed the Powerstop Z23 brake pads, but the rotors are just as important so I figured they deserved a proper write up as well!

Centric Front Rotors: https://amzn.to/2vtr3Ny
Centric Rear Rotors: https://amzn.to/2vzr6rh

The Centric Rotors come out to about $120 for all four corners, not bad for a direct replacement. With normal driving and proper braking these can definitely last to 50K+. I’ve had them for 22K miles so far and they’re not even at half life and lord knows I drive too spiritedly for my own good. They’ve been through many canyon runs, a track day and have yet to give me trouble. Now these definitely are not performance oriented, but they will handle more abuse than 99% of Mazda 6 drivers will put them through.

Pros:
-inexpensive
-perfect fitment
-durable

Cons:
-it may be slightly louder than OEM

Bottom Line:
These are quite possibly the best valued direct replacements for rotors for the 3rd Gen Mazda 6! If you don’t mind hearing a little more brake noise then these will definitely do the job. Rather than pay the dealership an absorbent amount of money to change your brakes, this will save you hundreds of dollars. Couple these with the Powerstop Z23 brakes and your Mazda 6 will come alive in braking situations and will feel more sports oriented!

I noticed that the rotor in the photo is already showing signs of rust on the hat. The lack of a coating explains the low cost. After designing rotors for over a year, I found that among the racing community, slotted rotors, in particular, J-hook slotted rotors by AP Racing were most common. To reduce unsprung weight, aluminum hats (2-piece rotors) are available.
For solely street use, the difference is a faster stop with less travel pedal. But if you do get blank rotors, try to find ones that are coated, They will look better, longer.

I noticed that the rotor in the photo is already showing signs of rust on the hat. The lack of a coating explains the low cost. After designing rotors for over a year, I found that among the racing community, slotted rotors, in particular, J-hook slotted rotors by AP Racing were most common. To reduce unsprung weight, aluminum hats (2-piece rotors) are available.
For solely street use, the difference is a faster stop with less travel pedal. But if you do get blank rotors, try to find ones that are coated, They will look better, longer.

Interesting, I didn't know that. For my next set, I shall keep your advice in mind. Thank you for the enlightening response!

Back