Center dash speaker slot

REDOTTERRICH

:
2016 Mazda CX-5, Titanium Flash, Touring w/Tech
I have the Sport Ed. with stock (orange display) stereo, and standard 4 speakers.. Enough for me.
However, I have read the center speaker is used for hands free?
Is it possible to add a speaker into this unit and acually be able to use iphone for hands free calls?

I don't quite understand this center speaker thing.

Thanks all.

I had the same set up but replaced the head unit with one that has bluetooth. It is my understanding that most units that support bluetooth silence the rest of the audio when on a call, so it isn't like you'd have a dedicated speaker for hands free. I did end up putting the microphone in that area pointed out toward the speaker holes. I don't think it provides the best call clarity for the other side of the call however, but I didn't want the microphone visible, and running it from the HU to the overhead compartment (where the sunglasses go) required soldering another wire to the stock microphone cable and the removal of a lot of panels.

No. The center speaker is only used and wired with the Bose package. You can, however, add 3.5" speakers in the dash corners as those are wired for speakers. The sport with Bluetooth puts the audio out all the speakers while talking. There is a mic in the center dome light cluster for voice.

Back