2013 CX-5 center dash speaker

Black_Z28

:
2013 CX-5
Hello, I own a 2013 CX5 GT with Bose. And not long ago the Bose amp decided to quit working, but only for the front dash speakers; left, right and center. Well today I installed a cheap 4 channel amp I had laying around. So, I got the left and right dash speakers working, but I would also like to get the center going as well. Because it's the speaker that sounds while using Bluetooth for phone and other hands free features.

So, does anyone know what color wires I should be looking for on the back of the factory head unit? I was planning to just tap into the +,- and run it to the amp.

Unless there is a better option to get the Bluetooth features working??

Thanks

Hello, I own a 2013 CX5 GT with Bose. And not long ago the Bose amp decided to quit working, but only for the front dash speakers; left, right and center. Well today I installed a cheap 4 channel amp I had laying around. So, I got the left and right dash speakers working, but I would also like to get the center going as well. Because it's the speaker that sounds while using Bluetooth for phone and other hands free features.

So, does anyone know what color wires I should be looking for on the back of the factory head unit? I was planning to just tap into the +,- and run it to the amp.

Unless there is a better option to get the Bluetooth features working??

Thanks

The Bose amp generates the sound for the center speaker - it mixes the front left and right channels into the center, so theres nothing on the head unit to provide this.
Im not sure whether something else could mix those two at speaker-level and provide an output to the dash speaker?

Funny thing, I drove it today, and now the front dash speakers are working with the steering wheel controls. So I can now hear the nav and make hands free calls. I'll take it. My wife will be happy.

Funny thing, I drove it today, and now the front dash speakers are working with the steering wheel controls. So I can now hear the nav and make hands free calls. I'll take it. My wife will be happy.
Yeah. I have a 2016 and was told that the center channel is really only for calling. But I think I still may get a 5-channel amp and try to add the 3.5 I bought 😂

Back