CEL P0138 help!

Tronspeed3

:
MazdaSpeed 3 GT, Pearl White
I am getting a p0138 code, ( rear o2 sensor high voltage). I have already replaced the sensor and am still getting the code. My only mods are a CP-e nano and boost gauge. Can anyone help me out please?

Shined a light under the car and cant see any exhaust leaks. I guess I'll chase the wires in the harness and see what I can find....

Can't visually find anything wrong with the wiring, now my windshield wipers don't work when it rains!!!! CEL went off for about 45mins on the way home from work today but turned back on during the same trip? I'm giving up and taking it into the dealer next week :(

Maybe a pinched wire or short in the harness or something like that, given the wiper malfunction. Does sound like a dealer issue. Just to make sure it's not something simple, check your fuse box re: wiper malfunction.

Also if the boost gauge went in recently, check its wiring, for correct routing and integrity. When we intall stuff we sometimes accidentally disturb wiring that affects operation of other stuff. Even the intake install could have resulted in your accidentally pinching or otherwise damaging some wire. There can be crazy unexpected side effects.

But if all has been working well for some period of time and the CEL and wiper malfunctions are long after your mods, then it is probably time to let the dealer sort it out.

Last edited:
picking up the car tomorrow... turns out when the dealer pulled the motor last year so I could get some collision damage fixed they routed the harness wrong and it melted/corroded some of the insulation on the harness and caused a short.

Wiper issue has returned, I think its the ground on the wiper motor comes loose from driving vibration. Wipers work sometimes then don't work then work again. Tested in my driveway with the hose and could not duplicate the failure. Taking the cowl apart tonight to look at the motor.

Latest posts

Back