bbtfastback

:
2016 CX-5 GT Tech
Cdn Dealer in Ontario offering following before I pick up 2016 cx5 GT tech
- rustproofing through electric module
- fob key loss protection for 5 years
- tire replacement for 5 years
$1100cdn

I've been reading from the forums here and on the Internet that the rustproofing electric module is scammy. For those in Canada, particularly in the north, rustproofing isn't or shouldn't be an option. You have to get it, but I'm strongly leaning towards Krown.

On the fob key loss - what does it cost to get the fob replaced if you lose it?

Tire replacement seems a bit scammy to me.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. ...and then accessory time!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have either of these things. It depends if you need all that or if you would rather have $1100 in your pocket rather than the dealer's and deal with the expenses as then come up. The electric rust protection module will do nothing as compared to what Krown can do for you. All 2015 and above Mazda models have 84 months unlimited mileage perforation warranty.

Just my thoughts.

That list would destroy any trust / respect for that dealer. Are there any other dealers you can chose from?

That list would destroy any trust / respect for that dealer. Are there any other dealers you can chose from?

I'm not attributing anything to the dealer on this one. Part of the game I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the fob key loss - what does it cost to get the fob replaced if you lose it?

I wanted to have a spare, so I checked on local replacement. About $75.00 (used but programmed) from a Chicago automotive locksmith. I bought one on ebay and had it programmed at the local Mazda dealer. About $55.00 total. Programming charge varied much from one dealer to another.

I wanted to have a spare, so I checked on local replacement. About $75.00 (used but programmed) from a Chicago automotive locksmith. I bought one on ebay and had it programmed at the local Mazda dealer. About $55.00 total. Programming charge varied much from one dealer to another.

Thanks!!

Back