cd stuck in factory stereo !

markwells

:
05 yellow P5
anyone else have a cd stuck in the factory 6 disc changer.......

03 P5.... damn fancy stereo....

anyone got any clues on how to get this damn thing out , when i sart the car you hear the damn thing keep trying to load or spit out the cd for like 2 minutes then it stops......

307px-Geological_hammer.svg.png

i can do it for you if you like...

Yeah factory changers suck to get stuck cd's out of. I usually tell customers I can definately get it out, I just can't gaurantee that it will still work afterwards!

yeah mine used to get stuck and few times it actually scrached up my cd soo bad it wouldnt work...it left like a circular scrach in it. i suggest getting a new radio fast

When my CD player started acting up I decided to leave CD's behind for good. I got a head unit with a USB & mini jack input. Now I just load up a tiny thumb drive with a few hundred songs. No more scratched CD's, cases all over the car,skipping etc. Then , when I tire of the playlist, just pop it in the PC and drag & drop some new ones. Ipods work too, of course.

yeah.....it be bye bye....

get a new radio and if ya really want that cd you can take it apart, i've had to do it before.....all you would need is a precision screw driver set

humm i like the look of the stocker... oh well i guess

Once you hear the 20 watts per channel( vs. maybe 5 for the stocker) ,and use all the features of a new radio, you won't be missing the look of it at all. Ask anyone here if they miss the stock radio!

Once you hear the 20 watts per channel( vs. maybe 5 for the stocker) ,and use all the features of a new radio, you won't be missing the look of it at all. Ask anyone here if they miss the stock radio!

hell to the NO......

and i'm wanting to upgrade my upgrade.....

i really wanna dbl din that does everything but make me a drink, although that would be nice

Mine had three CD's stuck in it when I bought it. The lady I got it from said it was just working a day or two before I picked it up..... yeah sure... but I really didn't care. I was planning on upgrading. That was until my wife said she wanted the stock unit to stay.... (screwy) I ended up finding a single CD unit for $25 on Ebay and bought an Ipod controller for it. Works fine, but I still want that upgrade for better sound. We'll see how long it takes for that other unit to take a dump.

Mine had three CD's stuck in it when I bought it. The lady I got it from said it was just working a day or two before I picked it up..... yeah sure... but I really didn't care. I was planning on upgrading. That was until my wife said she wanted the stock unit to stay.... (screwy) I ended up finding a single CD unit for $25 on Ebay and bought an Ipod controller for it. Works fine, but I still want that upgrade for better sound. We'll see how long it takes for that other unit to take a dump.

Ah, wives...can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Balls
^ I put the Pioneer Avic-F90 in about 3 months ago, highly recommend.

pics or nothing.....i'm actually leaning towards the eclipse units myself......but i do love me some pioneer
Soon enough, soon enough. I just finished my sub enclosure enough to put it in for my road trip this weekend. After I get back I will try to post pics of the whole system and build, till then here's a teaser pic!

Attachments

• DSC04252.JPG
    DSC04252.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 109
Ah, wives...can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em :rolleyes:

Yeah.... we've been together since 1991 and married since 1996. She's actually really happy I picked up this car. She loves it! It's my other habbit that she is really getting annoyed with..... Here's a tast of it.... www.rccrawler.com Probably not what most of you guys are into, but I'm hooked....(rockon)

I would definitely go with a Pioneer unit again if I was going to upgrade. I have also had great luck with Eclipse but the power of the Pioneer is great for the money. I had a really nice Alpine deck in a 3/4 Ton truck for quite awhile and love the sound, but it crapped out. Lights in faceplate started going bad and then the CD player started getting stuck. Bummer becuase it sounded amazing with stock Dodge amplified speakers. Could have been the fact that the truck beat the crap out of everything in it due to the stiff suspension.... that thing was brutal on the kidneys!

I've never done it, but I have a stock radio in my closet and it only has screws on it. Start taking it apart, it should be pretty straightforward.

Originally Posted by Balls
Soon enough, soon enough. I just finished my sub enclosure enough to put it in for my road trip this weekend. After I get back I will try to post pics of the whole system and build, till then here's a teaser pic!

(boom06) wtf?!?!? In your ceiling? thats pretty sweet! Wouldn't mind seeing that once it's complete. Did you cut the headliner for a closer fit?

Back