CBT exhaust mpg?

red306

:
2006 Mazda 3 S Touring
I am looking to upgrade my exhaust and I would like to know if the gas mileage goes up or down. With the price of gas I would like to know the true please.

Well from some past experiance I would say it doesnt effect it at all but, if you like the sound and the little extra power and this leads to a bit of a lead foot of course your mileage will decrease.

if that's the deal then I am good with it. I just don't think that sound is worth more gas. the price of gas is way to high. I heard on the news today that the oil companys are blaming the goverment and the goverment is blaming them. So this wont be over anytime soon. I hate to say it but $4 a gallon here we come.

Your mpg will go down when you first install it, but as your ECU recognizes the new exhaust flow, it will alter your emissions to get better mpg. If you like the sound, get it... you will only have bad gas milage for a couple weeks until your exhaust "breaks" in.

i have a header/exhaust and only 1 cat (high flow) and my last tank of non highway (not city either as i live in the country) was 34mpg

i never noticed anything significant with mpg with all my mods i still avg 30-33mpg's with the occasional 28 with a lead foot and the occasional 34 for whatever reason??

that don't sound bad. I just don't what to pay for my exhaust over and over again when I gas up if you know what I mean.

Back