Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ishitsubi is by no means a small company. It's an industrial giant. Many manufacturers use Mitsu components/electronics in their vehicles. i.e our Mazda key fobs, our ECUS (some Denso), radar blind spot etc. Oh and don't forget stock in apple product components
Not to forget their industrial products.

No droning in mine, sounds like you're confusing it with a Rogue. The CVT in the CRV has programmed 'shifts' so it feels just like every other automatic, all with increased fuel economy to boot. Iv'e heard the CVT in the Forester behaves the same way.

BTW speaking of transmissions, how that's trusty, reliable 6 speed auto on your CX-5?

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123814755-First-CX-5-Transmission-Has-Been-Replaced
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-My-CX-5-transmission-failed-and-was-replaced
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-shifting-after-2015-transmission-replacement
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123854272-2015-CX5-Transmission-Replacement
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123854261-Full-Transmission-Replacement
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...se-having-Transmission-Issues-with-their-CX-5

Nuff said (lol2)

100k miles total on 2 skyactiv trannies. No issues. Find any post regarding my transmission....thought so.

You don't notice a drone = you don't redline your car. Funny considering you play the HP card whenever you can. In that case when The Accord losses its bulky V6 version and reverts to a 2.0 Turbo for higher trims, the Mazda6's higher trim gets a Diesel which has more torque and can be tuned for more power. The base Accord trims get the 1.5l turbo which has less HP/torque than the current 5-year old 2.5l skyactiv found in the Mazda6 which is going to get a newer skyactiv version engine in the near future. Don't count out the 2.5l turbo being placed in the Mazda6 neither.

The Honda Accord v6 is infamous for transmission issues. Honda builds good motors and trannies for 4-bangers. Inconsistent with V6's or anything above 230hp for that matter.

Tuning the CX-5 Diesel https://www.chipexpress.com/products...ng-boxes/4409/
400lbs TQ. TQ in a SUV > HP in a SUV. The CRV's CVT is their cheapest tranny and can't handle anything above 210hp. If you don't believe check out what Honda said in response to the new Civic Si's HP power numbers not up to par with competitors. Sweet and reliable trannies (manual) under 200hp. Not built for 200+hp.

Redline your CRV and turn down the AA/CP. If you don't hear droning get your ears checked LOL.

Last edited:
It's not hideous. I like the rims. I think the front end is garish.

2018-Honda-Accord-Touring-rear-side.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord.jpg

But I think the 6 is gorgeous. IMO, easily the best looking car in its class.

35k for a loaded 6 speed with 184 HP, a dated rental car look and a noisy cabin and you wonder why it's not selling? For the same money, you can buy a fully loaded Accord with a V6, better wheels, and better looks too IMO. Plus it's a Honda so reliability will be excellent and comes with CarPlay/AA. The new Accord will improve even further on that. It's a no brainer in most peoples eyes.

Who cares about base level trims? The point is yes the base will come with a CVT, but the option of the 10 speed automatic is there. Much like the option of a 2.0T is there.

So, according to you, no-one is going to buy a new Accord with the 1.5L engine and CVT? Interesting (and smart).
If everyone upgrades to the 2.0T and 10 speed, then why bother offering the lower level engine and CVT in the first place?
Truth is, we all know that 80% of buyers will buy the 1.5T and CVT combination, just like 80% of Camry and previous Accord drivers settled for a four banger instead of the V6.
I think we can all agree that the new Accord with that 1.5/CVT drivetrain will be a dog.....but hey, it'll have CarPlay and AA.

MangoConChile post count on Mazdas247: 296
MangoConChile post count on CR-V forum: 115

Enough said. Then look at the post history, it's all the same crap over and over again in the same threads.

Let's take bets. Which one hits first? 301 on Mazda, or 120 on CR-V?
/thread
He's at 303 now.
Didn't check the CR-V forum. Probably still at 115.

I think I finally get it re: Mango.
He's pissed he didn't buy a CX-5 instead of that CR-V, and this is his way of rationalizing his mistake.
He's putting on a brave front, but it's obvious as to why he's on here twice as much as he is on his own Honda forum. He can't fool us anymore.

I have some advice for him (and I'm sure he'll read this): Now is a good time to buy a car. The 2018's are coming, so dealers are willing to make deals on their 2017's.
Mango: Go get yourself what you really want: A CX-5. If your Honda has as good a resale value as you say it should, then you'll get a good deal when you trade it in.
You'll probably get a few extra bucks for those fancy wheels you bought too.
Win win.
Keep us posted.

So, according to you, no-one is going to buy a new Accord with the 1.5L engine and CVT? Interesting (and smart).
If everyone upgrades to the 2.0T and 10 speed, then why bother offering the lower level engine and CVT in the first place?
Truth is, we all know that 80% of buyers will buy the 1.5T and CVT combination, just like 80% of Camry and previous Accord drivers settled for a four banger instead of the V6.
I think we can all agree that the new Accord with that 1.5/CVT drivetrain will be a dog.....but hey, it'll have CarPlay and AA.

The point of my post was regard HAVING OPTIONS. Yes I understand most buyers of the Accord and Camry will not buy the highest trim to get a V6 or a 10 speed automatic, but if you want one, IT IS AVAILABLE. Get it? Options. Many people in this forum would like the OPTION of getting a 2.5T motor, they don't and that's the issue which is interesting considering Honda/Toyota are companies that produce appliances and Mazda is 'supposed' to be the enthusiast brand for people who like driving. Sorry bro, but no one is interested in spending 35k for a dated 6 with 184 HP.

100k miles total on 2 skyactiv trannies. No issues. Find any post regarding my transmission....thought so.

You don't notice a drone = you don't redline your car. Funny considering you play the HP card whenever you can. In that case when The Accord losses its bulky V6 version and reverts to a 2.0 Turbo for higher trims, the Mazda6's higher trim gets a Diesel which has more torque and can be tuned for more power. The base Accord trims get the 1.5l turbo which has less HP/torque than the current 5-year old 2.5l skyactiv found in the Mazda6 which is going to get a newer skyactiv version engine in the near future. Don't count out the 2.5l turbo being placed in the Mazda6 neither.

The Honda Accord v6 is infamous for transmission issues. Honda builds good motors and trannies for 4-bangers. Inconsistent with V6's or anything above 230hp for that matter.

Tuning the CX-5 Diesel https://www.chipexpress.com/products...ng-boxes/4409/
400lbs TQ. TQ in a SUV > HP in a SUV. The CRV's CVT is their cheapest tranny and can't handle anything above 210hp. If you don't believe check out what Honda said in response to the new Civic Si's HP power numbers not up to par with competitors. Sweet and reliable trannies (manual) under 200hp. Not built for 200+hp.

Redline your CRV and turn down the AA/CP. If you don't hear droning get your ears checked LOL.

Good for you regarding no transmission issues, seems you got lucky.

Regarding your comment about me not redlining my vehicle, you're right I don't because quite frankly I don't need to redline it to get my desired speed although the fact that you have to redline yours just reminds me you're driving the slower vehicle.

As far as the CVT not being able to handle anything above 210HP, who cares? I'm not going to tune it so why would that matter. All I care about is it's reliability, and not having to get it replaced like several people here already have with their CX-5. And funny you mention the Civic Si, at least Honda is still putting out vehicles for enthusiasts like the Civic SI and Type R. Remind me again where is Mazda's competitor to the SI? Oh that's right, they're too busy making their vehicles fatter, more numb, and slower.

Your right about options.
In the UK the only option on a CRV is a crap 1.6 diesel with little power or torque compared to the cx-5. But with a 9 speed ZF box I fancied.

Otherwise I would have probably bought a CRV. It was on my short list the cx-5 or CRV. I tow so want power and torque for pulling, I would have given up the extra handling the cx has if the power had been on a par, it isn't, same as the F1 car they run that seems to fail every race.

I'm afraid Honda is finished as a leading jap producer, they used to be innovative, now I'm not sure what they are.

The point of my post was regard HAVING OPTIONS. Yes I understand most buyers of the Accord and Camry will not buy the highest trim to get a V6 or a 10 speed automatic, but if you want one, IT IS AVAILABLE. Get it? Options. Many people in this forum would like the OPTION of getting a 2.5T motor, they don't and that's the issue which is interesting considering Honda/Toyota are companies that produce appliances and Mazda is 'supposed' to be the enthusiast brand for people who like driving. Sorry bro, but no one is interested in spending 35k for a dated 6 with 184 HP.

Mazda is 'supposed' to be the enthusiast brand for people who like driving. Sorry bro, but no one is interested in spending 35k for a dated 6 with 184 HP.

Dated in your mind. Seems a brand new CR-V can't always beat it in reviews. Seems you've still got a ways to go to solidly beat a "dated 6-speed". I'll take my 6-speed auto over a CVT any day.

Apparently once again, your only criteria seems to be how fast it is and HP to qualify as "enthusiast". Forget any other factors. 'nuff said for this idiocy.

Am I supposed to think a CR-V soccer-mom mobile is enthusiast? Don't make me laugh. Too late.

Edit: Also 35k? Now who is puling numbers out of their ass? That's how much you spent on your CR-V, not how much we spent on our CX-5's. Oh god, here comes another bough of laughing. (rlaugh)

Last edited:
Thread would be dead now if that was true.

Too true.

In the words of Ron White: "It seems like after 39,000 times, you'd start to go 'maybe its me?' I seem to be the only common denominator in this equation."

That being Mango. ;)

I hate Apple with a passion, love the GIF, 7!

Let's be honest, I don't know about other places, but here in Colorado, people just aren't buying sedans. Most cars you see here on top 10 lists are wagons and CUV's/SUVs. Maybe 3 sedans on the list? I highly doubt CP/AA is the reason why.
I hate Apple because of a specific model used by my family, the "iPay". They get the unit, I pay for the unit while I'm on Android. Geez.

Dated in your mind. Seems a brand new CR-V can't always beat it in reviews. Seems you've still got a ways to go to solidly beat a "dated 6-speed". I'll take my 6-speed auto over a CVT any day.

Apparently once again, your only criteria seems to be how fast it is and HP to qualify as "enthusiast". Forget any other factors. 'nuff said for this idiocy.

Am I supposed to think a CR-V soccer-mom mobile is enthusiast? Don't make me laugh. Too late.

Edit: Also 35k? Now who is puling numbers out of their ass? That's how much you spent on your CR-V, not how much we spent on our CX-5's. Oh god, here comes another bough of laughing. (rlaugh)

And i'll take my reliable CVT over a 6 speed that appearently has a rep of being needed to be replaced at under 10k miles due to poor quality control.

As far as the 35k for the 6, go price one out at Mazda site for a fully loaded one. Sure you can get it for under MSRP, but a 17 Accord can also be had for under MSRP. It's an absolute joke that car can get up to 35k in options, no wonder it doesn't sell.

The Accord certainly didn't sell in the UK, but we know what a good car is. Honda withdrew it due to poor sales.

And i'll take my reliable CVT over a 6 speed that apparently has a rep of being needed to be replaced at under 10k miles due to poor quality control.

As far as the 35k for the 6, go price one out at Mazda site for a fully loaded one. Sure you can get it for under MSRP, but a 17 Accord can also be had for under MSRP. It's an absolute joke that car can get up to 35k in options, no wonder it doesn't sell.

Edit the Mazda 6 isn't that big a seller either, and has never won a UK group test, just to give balance.
While the cx-5 has constantly won group tests, even the 2017 car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back