Car Vandalized

yup, spicy in sacto..

Im starting to think black, smoked tails and headlights, smoked or yellow fogs, dark tint windows, debadged, wingless, with some bronze rims? :eek:

black is fine except it will need more attention than other and with black you'll see ALL the dirt and fine line scratches easier.. some kind of metallic white well be low maintenance to a point. then u could choose any color rims you want.. another .02 from me..
mspMee said:
yup, spicy in sacto..

Im starting to think black, smoked tails and headlights, smoked or yellow fogs, dark tint windows, debadged, wingless, with some bronze rims? :eek:

mryellermp5 said:
black is fine except it will need more attention than other and with black you'll see ALL the dirt and fine line scratches easier.. some kind of metallic white well be low maintenance to a point. then u could choose any color rims you want.. another .02 from me..

Yes this is very true. Had a black car. Never again. They suck to keep clean. Water spots water spots water spots. Need I say more. White is nuetral. Soooooo many options. Find yourself a nice pearly/metallic white and you will be set.(thumb)

I have narrowed it to black or white.. Im going to go see how much it is going to cost tomorrow for both colors.

For black: mica?
White: pearl?

Im not a paint person. what's the different and best things to do?

Thanks guys.

chalk another up for white! thats what i would like to get the MS3 in. If it came in white i would be all over it!

Ya, 25T is an orange basecoat, with a pink midcoat (yup, pink!) with gold mica in the midcoat. It's a cool color. I've mixed it a few times at work lol my last cell phone face plate was spicy orange!

Attachments

• 2193798_31_full.jpg
    2193798_31_full.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 141
B1GHAM said:
my vote is for a white, something with pearl or mica in it though. Just to make it glisten oh so nicely...

although I semi-agree with those here. Spicy is a rare color now adays, its likely to be the most rare color ATM.

I agree white with a pearl would be way sexy!!

Wow, sorry to hear that. my car got keyed last year, front passenger fender and hood had to be repainted. Think about it this way, your car is soo nice that people have to damage it to make themselves feel better that they drive a Honda :)

GreySpeed said:
Wow, sorry to hear that. my car got keyed last year, front passenger fender and hood had to be repainted. Think about it this way, your car is soo nice that people have to damage it to make themselves feel better that they drive a Honda :)

concur.....

If you're actually considering doing a color-change, I hope you have the balls to do it right. This involves pulling the glass, weatherstripping, masking/pulling the interior, etc. It's also better if you pull the motor. I've done it once on my first 323 GTX, and I'll never do it again unless it's a damn high dollar car.

But hey, if you want to ruin one more Spicy, it's ok by me. At this rate I'll have one of 100 instead of one of 600 in a couple more years. The Spicys are dropping like flies.

MrDiggler said:
If you're actually considering doing a color-change, I hope you have the balls to do it right. This involves pulling the glass, weatherstripping, masking/pulling the interior, etc. It's also better if you pull the motor. I've done it once on my first 323 GTX, and I'll never do it again unless it's a damn high dollar car.

But hey, if you want to ruin one more Spicy, it's ok by me. At this rate I'll have one of 100 instead of one of 600 in a couple more years. The Spicys are dropping like flies.

#1: Don't molest a Spicy
#2: Pulling glass/weatherstripping/etc. is the way it should be done even with a touch-up of the same color.
#3: See #1

Oh - and car vandals deserve the death penalty in my wild-west mind.

Well I thought I would update.

I went to two different body shops and got a quick estimate on what it would cost to paint the WHOLE car.. yes that means everything, don't worry lol.. They said 10-12 grand... I knew it would be high, but I was hoping 7 max. Maybe I was just being naive..

10-12 grand is like 90%-100% of the cars value so I am going to have to pass :(. Anyway I found a body shop I approve of and am going to get it restored back to spicy.

Good deal. You scared me there. Did that shop tell you they're going to use a 3-stage paint system? Hopefully so.

I don't know if anyone asked.. but have you ever considered a CF hood and trunk lid and get the others repainted? When i got my body kit installed.. it looks great and the difference is barley noticable.. if not at all. I wouldn't worry about the paint not matching.

Back