Car starts by itself, really

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
Don't know which component is causing it, but my car sometimes starts by itself - really

I have the FMX FTX1200R remote (I think compustar makes FMX) with Drone Mobile. At home I sometimes leave the key fob in my car.

I was working in my garage, when wham, the car started up while the my key fob was in the car, the FTX1200R remote was in my house, , and my phone was in my pocket. It happened a couple times within 30 minutes and I can mostly be sure that I didn't hit the Drone Mobile app by accident. If I recall correctly, this even happened with the key fob in the car while I was sitting in my house nowhere near my phone or the FTX remote.

Has anyone had their car instantaneously start with no known action to cause it?

PXL_20210623_184732769.jpg

Last edited:
This could be life threatening. My daughter lived for a while in a condo that had a drive under garage setup. Someone parked a car and failed to shut it off and went upstairs and went to bed. The carbon monoxide seeped up the stairs into the living quarters and they went to sleep for the last time.

I would keep the key fob away from the car. Shouldn't that protect against hackers?

only logical explanation to me is something funky going on with this addon hardware for the remote start.
Does it have warranty and support to call?

Everything else thats oem (i.e from the factory) with the car would not allow the car to self start on its own even if the fob is inside. have to press the brake pedal, then the push button, etc.

The My Mazda app let's you remote start the car, maybe the FMX remote is conflicting with that feature?

This could be life threatening. My daughter lived for a while in a condo that had a drive under garage setup. Someone parked a car and failed to shut it off and went upstairs and went to bed. The carbon monoxide seeped up the stairs into the living quarters and they went to sleep for the last time.

I did not expect that story today. It does serve as a reminder to install a combination smoke AND carbon monoxide detector. Which reminds me to order one for the new place.

or

I did not expect that story today. It does serve as a reminder to install a combination smoke AND carbon monoxide detector. Which reminds me to order one for the new place.

or
One of these is even better. The typical household one doesn't detect very low levels of CO. Not cheap, but funerals aren't cheap either.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

One of these is even better. The typical household one doesn't detect very low levels of CO. Not cheap, but funerals aren't cheap either.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Show me that data that supports cost vs performance I enjoy reading technical white papers.

Most of the articles I am finding are affiliate links disguised as reviews.

My personal logic is a company like Kidde provides various fire and safety related equipment. Kidde is not going to expose itself to litigation for preventable death and release an unsafe or unreliable device.

there is of course a random keyboard research person:

Kidde details levels of alerts:
notice they do NOT specify any particular product model, thus they alert the same on the $40 vs $200 models they sell.

/thread drifting quickly.

my suggestion to OP start a paper trail. Call Drone Mobile and ask if they can pull logs from your account for remote vehicle access. My guess is the application is calling for the remote start.

Last edited:
Back