Can't locate front end noise...Help!

I have a 2012 Mazda 3, 2L, non-sky, auto with a/c. 125000kms. Going back about 2 months the noise started. Shortly after Mazda did a front end alignment. Not saying it is related. I can not pin point the noise. It is like a clunking sound to me but know everyone describes sounds differently. It is only over small bumps. Train track and speed bumps don't cause it.

Things I have replaced:

Both struts, coils, strut plates and bearings (this month)
Steering knuckle (this month)
Front drivers wheel bearing (this month)
Both tie rod ends (this month)
Both front stabilizer bar bushings and end links (this month)
Both front rotors and pads (this year)
Both front control arms with ball joints (drives this month / passenger last year)

What am I missing? The noise is driving me crazy. Next drive I drive I will try and get audio of it. But any ideas would be great.
Thanks

This has happened to me a few times over the years. Rather than spending an afternoon trying to find the source, I would take the car down to an alignment shop that has amazing suspension mechanics who always find the problem. They work on stuff like this, every day and have solved many perplexing noise issues, often within a couple of hours.
If you know of a good alignment shop, I suggest letting them have a crack at it.

"an alignment shop" may not be the "right" alignment shop. I think the one to which I referred started doing business in this area since 1947.
Here's there website:
If you can find a place like this, they will be more likely to find and fix the problem.

Mazdas are FAMOUS for clunky swaybars. I'd double check those swaybar brackets and endlinks for play.

Damn things corner too well for their own good.

I had similar issues with my 2007 Mazda3 and I ended up solving the issue with new engine and transmission mounts (4 total). They are relatively inexpensive and not that hard to do yourself. My only advice is not tho get the cheapest set of those because they wear out super quick. I would bet this is the problem and its a cheap and easy fix.

Back