Can the "metal" lookalike silver plastic trim on the door be replaced ?

pdxa4

:
2011 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
This evening, the interior trim got a scratch on it when a item moved across the front passenger seat and hit the "metal" silver plastic trim on the door.

Can this piece be replaced individually ?

Thanks...

i-SMMnsz2-L.jpg

There are a few threads on here about the silver trim pieces. Earlier models had real issues with the trim durability, and most have been replaced or refinished. I refinished mine with great success with 3m vinyl, but if the rest of yours are in good condition then replacing this with a dealer piece is probably your best bet. They just pop right off.

The ones on early models (2008 and earlier) lack a anti-scratch coating.
New ones are way better.
I could scratch paints off my old ones with finger nails.

does it just pop off?

I am thinking of buying the sport model version because they're more durable.. or layer them with CF.
Does it pop off easily ? The dealer told me that i had to take off the door panel which is mind boggling and doesn't make sense at all.

The ones on early models (2008 and earlier) lack a anti-scratch coating.
New ones are way better.
I could scratch paints off my old ones with finger nails.

The fronts pop off but for the back ones you need to take the door panel off, as far as I know.

The fronts pop off but for the back ones you need to take the door panel off, as far as I know.

That's right. The fronts (though firm) have clips to hold it on, but the rears are screwed from the inside.

I covered my front ones with brushed aluminum 3m vinyl and they look great. Haven't touched the rear ones, but I never see them so I don't really care.

I have an '08 and the ones along the sides of the center console are really bad. Caustic, when you did yours with 3M, did you remove them so you could "wrap around" the edges so you don't see the edge of the 3M?
I assume this is the stuff: http://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-Scotchprint-1080-Brushed-Aluminum-Vinyl-Wrap-p/3m1080-br120.htm

Yes and yes. Look further down in the Accessories and Appearance area and you'll see a lot of info from me in there. My best advice it to ensure you get the 3M stuff - it is FAR superior to cheap vinyls in every way.

Back