Can I have Sirius and an iPod?

:
2007 Mazda5 GT
I bought a pre-owned 2007 Mazda5 GT over the weekend. It has installed a Sirius tuner, which is great. I want to use my iPod as well, however. As I understand it, the Mazda iPod integration module uses the same input as the Sirius tuner, is that correct? Any clues as to how to integrate both sources?

thanks,
elbastardocalvo

I can't answer definitively for the 5 (I own a 3), but I can try. On the '07 3 both the sirius and ACI use the same port on the HU. There's an available switchbox which allows you to plug both in and access them normally (btw the term 'switchbox' is somewhat of a misnomer as there is no switch). If you check out the audio input thread stickied at the top of the audio section in the 3 forum you can find the p/n for that switchbox. AFAIK it will work for the 5 also.

I bought a pre-owned 2007 Mazda5 GT over the weekend. It has installed a Sirius tuner, which is great. I want to use my iPod as well, however. As I understand it, the Mazda iPod integration module uses the same input as the Sirius tuner, is that correct? Any clues as to how to integrate both sources?

thanks,
elbastardocalvo

That is indeed the case with my 07. What I did was use the iPod module then used the FM transmitter on my Sirius set. I guess that you could work yours the other way. I wish there was a better way, but all the sources that I found was not promising. What is the use of having the "Media" button on the head unit if there is no way to get the signal to it? *ARGH*

Back