Call me crazy...

but i really like the stock look on the stereo. I have found a converter for the stock stereo so i can hook up my amp && subs. Has anyone else done this or am I crazy? I found one video on youtube of a guy showing you how to do it. But are there any tips that I could use before hand?(thumb)

When i bought my Mazda 3s it had already been wired up for an amp and subs. It works fine, the only problem i face is that you have to turn up the bass on your stereo to turn up the bass on the subs as well. In a normal circumstance with an aftermarket head unit, you have a specific channel for low frequencies JUST for subwoofers.

Otherwise, it is COMPLETELY possible. to keep your factory stereo. Because as with you, I like the factory Head Unit in the car.

but i really like the stock look on the stereo. I have found a converter for the stock stereo so i can hook up my amp && subs. Has anyone else done this or am I crazy? I found one video on youtube of a guy showing you how to do it. But are there any tips that I could use before hand?(thumb)
No one has ever done this,

and any of the articles about that process you may find elswhere on this forum are figments of the imagination

i did it recently. running a PAC and a five channel amp to power new speakers and a sub. i dont think your crazy

Anyone know if the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 will work in the 09 MS3 w/ bose prob been answered but im tired of looking and i just want to get some bass without hackin wires as I am a tech Rtard thanks.

Thanks guys. Finally got it hooked up today and Idk wtf is up but we had no green wires doozy. After searching the forums, posting a thread, and googling we ended up calling best buy (Hahaha right?)....anyways I'm now a happy girl with two twelves in my trunk and plenty of bass to go around. Ended up having to turn it almost all the way down because it rattled the over hang of the carport in our complex and only at 12 volume. I think I have it adjusted pretty good right now.

Any girl would be happy with 2 twelves in the trunk

Thanks guys. Finally got it hooked up today and Idk wtf is up but we had no green wires doozy. After searching the forums, posting a thread, and googling we ended up calling best buy (Hahaha right?)....anyways I'm now a happy girl with two twelves in my trunk and plenty of bass to go around. Ended up having to turn it almost all the way down because it rattled the over hang of the carport in our complex and only at 12 volume. I think I have it adjusted pretty good right now.

Haha....yeah.....just realized that that could be taken a different way Hahaha ......2 12 subs subs subs people. Ha....rockford fosgate p1s to be exact.

Back