buzz in overhead console

dad of jon

:
cx-5 se-l 2.2D
Hi y'all,

anyone have a buzz in the overhead console near the sunglasses holder where the map reading lights are?

if so have you got a fix for it? I'm getting a really annoying buzz from there in temps from 4 - 12 deg c.

Hi y'all,

anyone have a buzz in the overhead console near the sunglasses holder where the map reading lights are?

if so have you got a fix for it? I'm getting a really annoying buzz from there in temps from 4 - 12 deg c.

Yep, got it too. Driving me a little mad. No solution here I'm afraid, and I can't even ask the dealer, as they very suddenly no longer have the Mazda franchise.

Yip, the little rectangular panel between the lights, a little pressure and it goes away. Not all the time, but quite annoying.

Yip, the little rectangular panel between the lights, a little pressure and it goes away. Not all the time, but quite annoying.

It comes off easily with two screws. I have it and am going to work on it this weekend. For me though it is not the rectangular panel. It is in the headliner.

Hi y'all,

OK think I have it fixed. I removed the overhead console light by removing the two screws inside the sunglass holder and lined the entire metal area that the overhead console light assembly attaches to it with black electrical tape. That almost fixed it. The next thing I did was to remove the black clip that attaches to the light assembly to the metal bracket and lined the plastic of the light assembly underneath the clip with electrical tape.

I was hearing the buzz when shifting gears. So far so good. It was driving me crazy!

OK think I have it fixed. I removed the overhead console light by removing the two screws inside the sunglass holder and lined the entire metal area that the overhead console light assembly attaches to it with black electrical tape. That almost fixed it. The next thing I did was to remove the black clip that attaches to the light assembly to the metal bracket and lined the plastic of the light assembly underneath the clip with electrical tape.

I was hearing the buzz when shifting gears. So far so good. It was driving me crazy!

Cheers, I'll give the dealer the heads up when the car is in for rear mud flaps / oil level fix. they didn't get it the first time, but it was raining so hard the noise on the roof was drowning it out.

Hi Dad of John

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but mine buzzes too and it's only 2 weeks old!

Did your dealer fix it? The trouble is the dealer I bought it off is on the Isle of Wight and I live near Derby. Do you think any dealer local to me would fix it or isn't it worth it in case they introduce new "features" when trying to fix it?

Cheers

Jonno 21

Hi Dad of John

Did your dealer fix it? The trouble is the dealer I bought it off is on the Isle of Wight and I live near Derby. Do you think any dealer local to me would fix it or isn't it worth it in case they introduce new "features" when trying to fix it?

Cheers

Jonno 21

Try this. Open the sunglasses holder and stuff a bunch of paper in there so that it is hard to shut but does shut. That finally stopped mine from buzzing. I thing the hinges or the hasp on the holder was causing mine.

At first, I applied self-adhesive felt on the entire metal area but that did not fix the problem. In a second attempt, I opened the sunglasses's holder and I have tightened the screws that hold the sunroof motor. This fix my problem. Of course that stuffing a bunch of paper would fix the problem.

Hi Dad of John

Cheers

Jonno 21

Hi Jonno, no they haven't and now with the colder weather it's back.

I'm going to have to leave the car in with them overnight because by the time I arrive at the garage (40 min drive)the car has warmed up and it's gone.
I'd get it looked at. the dealers had 2 goes at it and not made things any worse, just not fixed it yet.

Hi Dad of Jon

My buzz is intermittent of course so I'll see how it goes. Some journeys it doesn't do it.

Back