Burning odor in reverse

JF1444

:
Metro Gray CX-5 GT AWD
Only had my car for a couple of weeks now and really haven't driven it much. Only 250 kms on the odometer.
I find that there's an odd smell that enters the cabin when going in reverse. Almost like burning rubber. No other odd smells when started,parked and running or in drive.

I only really notice it when I shift into reverse and back into my driveway. Is this 'normal' at this stage?
Is this 'new engine' factory burn-off? Anyone else experience this?
Thanks.

I dont know if this is related to the smell that you are talking about but my CX5 was a floor model and when I bought it only had 3 miles on the odometer. Since I was the first person to test drive the car the dealer warned me that I might get a weird sulfuric smell coming from the exhaust which apparently comes from a sealant that the factory applies before they ship them. They said it should go away after a few hundred miles - which it did.

My CX-5 GT AWD NEVER had any odor at all. Now 6500 miles. Never any issues at all!! Great car

Thanks for the reassuring note. I have driven 180 miles in my 2.2l diesel CX-5 and noticed a heavy scorching smell in the cabin when finishing a short journey. I hope it goes away as your dealer says.

Probably new parts oil residue burn off, it goes away after a few hundred miles.

Back