Buenos Dias

Erg0tBr4in

:
'99 Mazda Protege, Automatic, 4 Cyl
I just joined..figured I should make an introduction at some point. I'm 19 and I live in Fair Haven, VT. My Mazda is a '99 1.8L Protege ES, with around 49700 miles. :D

a 99 with less than 50K miles??? thats impressive
Aye. It belonged to my grandfather, and he never drove it much. The only problem with that is the fact that it hasn't been driven a lot in the past couple of years, so the engine is a little raspy and when I first got it it started a little hard. It's gotten a lot better though in the week that I've owned it.

Yeah cars that been sittin for a bit will always be rough at first. jist make sure u take it easy atleast for a few hundred miles. also change out evrrything sparkplugs, oil, oil filter, air filter etc. and u shud be good ;) there are threads how to clean engine with seafoam that will def help out.

Yeah cars that been sittin for a bit will always be rough at first. jist make sure u take it easy atleast for a few hundred miles. also change out evrrything sparkplugs, oil, oil filter, air filter etc. and u shud be good ;) there are threads how to clean engine with seafoam that will def help out.

The first couple hundred miles was the drive home, and after that is when it started to start easier and sound better. I just had an inspection and oil change done on Tuesday, and I planned on changing out the spark plugs and air filter when I got paid this week.

Yea, I'm pretty excited. I've always wanted to get into cars and such, but I never had the opportunity/funds.

Back