Broken LSD?

MSPteamSA

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Being the jackass i am, i saw an evo parked with the owner and his buddies getting out right then and there. so what better of an idea to downshift and blow off? not such a good idea... didnt hear the snap so thats why im hesitant. i have no power to the wheels now. before i could throw it into first and roll but it almost sounded like it was halfway in gear and it made a grinding sound. now i cant get any power. LSD? axle? anything else??? help a brotha out!

your lsd is ******,mine snapped and it just felt like it popped outta gear but then it would just rev and keep making grinding noises,bad for me i was 300 miles from home with no cel phone haha

yeahh i feel your pain. i was living up north from san diego so i got it towed home and now i have to deal with it. gonna check the fs threads often!

Was ur tranny making any groawling or high piitch noises before this? I feel my led is. About to go also at about 110000 miles...?

i dont know if his did but mine did not make any noises prior to it breaking,and mine snapped at like 50k

ya haha on my way home tonight from work it blew... for the last 3 months theres been a groawling noise on acc and deccel and then about a weeks ago the wining noise started, getting worse everyday. tonight i could tell something wasnt right and pulled up to a stop sign and when to start and boom a little big of grinding and popping... managed to get the car in reverse and off the road only problem now its stuck in reverse... before that first gear would hold for a second and then pop and just lock up. I dont wana order a new lsd if im not sure if thats 100 percent the problem but i also dont want my car to be down for a month... any ideas anyone?

hmmm

see i posted some issues in my own thread that i figured was a clutch problem and so far people are saying its the LSD. but my situation seems to vary slightly to yours. i can get power to the wheels but it takes pretty insanly high revs (like 5-6k). i hear no noise at all other then the engine whinning at the rpm. I heard no snap or grinding of any kind.

mspeedprotege yours is not the lsd. I think you had a bearing fail and your gears might be messed up. That happened with my first tranny. When my lsd went out it would go into any gear but just wouldn't go anywhere and I would hear a grinding noise.

hmmm

see i posted some issues in my own thread that i figured was a clutch problem and so far people are saying its the LSD. but my situation seems to vary slightly to yours. i can get power to the wheels but it takes pretty insanly high revs (like 5-6k). i hear no noise at all other then the engine whinning at the rpm. I heard no snap or grinding of any kind.

Sounds like your clutch is about worn out....high revs but not going anywhere usually is a tell tale that your clutch is gone

Back